• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

been growing this on my window for a good while now...

Vito

hey guys, been a bit bored today so I thought I would snap up a bit of HC I recover from my previous tank which I left on my window sill to grow and eventually use for my next project.

img1379oz.jpg

img1385se.jpg

img1386ib.jpg

img1388tt.jpg

img1389e.jpg

img1396uh.jpg

img1398ti.jpg

img1400vn.jpg

I would say this has been growing at least 6 months, as you can see from the pics there is yellow melted bits, the substrate is very old used ADA and I sprinkle water every 3 or 4 days and the light is provided by the sun, nothing else to it, though I might uproot it all remove the yellow crap and re lay the good stuff, not that bored yet tho :D

I did this not to long ago and the hc grew like crazy.

I moved it into the iwagumi I set up and it went crazy in there, a week of two until I was ready to flood it I left it outside and the day got very veeeeery hot and the stone I put on the rim to hold the glass lid open fell out (embarrassed face) the how thing got cooked and I had to bin it all :( lol

Lesson to take from this......don't let me advise you on hc dry starts :D :D

flygja said:
Did you cover it with cling film or anything? My emersed grown HC has always been a failure for some reason.
Its a propagator and it has a hard plastic cover with adjustible air vents.

Corki said:
I've done the same with HC and I found upping the humidity by misting every other day the yellowing will disappear.
Will try this, need to pop to a local garden centre to get a good sprayer/mister.

wearsbunnyslippers said:
would you say the area you are in is quite humid?

i could not do this in johannesburg...
Not at all if anything quite the oposite but I do think the propagator is the ideal for creating the hymid enviroment because there does seem to be alot of condensation on on the cover.

Hi all,
It died straight away in the tank, but it grew really well just emersed on the top of a HMF foam.

This is how it looked (I'd like to say that this is not my picture or tank, and I definitely wouldn't recommend the wiring with exposed terminal block.)

2322566880043591037S600x600Q85.jpg

cheers Darrel

tell me more about this connector block hanging above your tank!!!!! christ lol

looks stunning darrel...the hc not the connector block :D

Back