• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm - Scree Evolved (IAPLC 2011 entry)

All i can say what i posted to Flickr George :angelic:

This is brilliant George. IMO deserve a much better placement.

But whatever rank it received, this tank set a new standard how a perfect scape could evolve to another masterpiece. Which will survive much longer than a rank number.

Well done my friend.

keymaker said:
Absolutely beautiful George. So natural: rock composition and plant selection are in total harmony.
Great tank, love it !!! :clap:
viktorlantos said:
All i can say what i posted to Flickr George :angelic:

This is brilliant George. IMO deserve a much better placement.

But whatever rank it received, this tank set a new standard how a perfect scape could evolve to another masterpiece. Which will survive much longer than a rank number.

Well done my friend.

Thanks for the very kind words, and hearty congratulation on both your excellent results. Thoroughly deserved, as was Mark's.

wearsbunnyslippers said:
the planting at the back is very symmetrical, did you plan this, what was your thinking?
Aesthetic balance is provided by the rocks, although the main tension stone is hidden by the plants. I quite like some symmetry in aquascaping.

not to sound rude towards IAPLC, but this scape should have been higher placed! For me this scape evolutionized (??even a word??), Iwagumi. This is probably why is wasn't placed higher, they're very precious about there Iwagumi.

Brilliant scape George!

ianho said:
not to sound rude towards IAPLC, but this scape should have been higher placed! For me this scape evolutionized (??even a word??), Iwagumi. This is probably why is wasn't placed higher, they're very precious about there Iwagumi.

Brilliant scape George!

Completely agree with Ian, should have placed higher.

this tank deserve better rank,,, ;)

the layout is coming from this tank, right?
5095007720_c37585f860_b.jpg

IMHO looks more promising than the latest layout

I am quite suprised at this placement, I really thought this would be the year you got top 100.
Although the final shot was unreleased, the hardscape had recieved alot of publicity, I wonder if this resulted in a points deduction.

Personally I rate both versions of this aquascape very highly indeed, and feel aquascaping is all the better for such original artwork.

Cheers,
James

Very nice George. I would've used shorter hairgrasses in-between rocks to enhance the perception of depth. I still prefer your evolved scape in every way though.

Back