• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Synadontis and Japonica?

newfyman

Seedling
I have a syno featherfin about 4-5" long and everything I have read about them says that they a very peacefull but will he eat the japonica, which are about 1-2", in my planted tank?
Also I am trying to get hold of some Botia Striata to control the snail problem, will these be ok with the shrimp?
Thanks in advance.

I have 3 Botia Striata in my big tank, they are brilliant snail eating machines and completly fine with shrimp.

I'm thinking off putting one or two in my nano too keep the snail threat down in there too.

I assume you mean Amano shrimp when you say japonica? If so your Synodontis will polish that off in no time at all. Aquatic invertebrates are a major part of Synodontis eupterus's diet.

Thanks, thought that would probably be the case, it was just they do seem to get a good rep for being friendly community fish. Going to Kidsgrove tomorrow so will look for the Botia's

How did you find Kidsgrove? Sorry I wasn't around to have a natter, my mum said she wanted your car and you seemed impressed with your wood though.

How did you find Kidsgrove? Sorry I wasn't around to have a natter, my mum said she wanted your car and you seemed impressed with your wood though.

Back