• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Temporary Co2

danpwells

Seedling
Hello guys,am picking up my new aquarium at the weekend,it's 110ltr!was just wondering if the Fluval Pressurized CO2 88g Kit was good enough as a temporary source of Co2 till I could afford a proper kit?

Anyone.....
Or is a liquid carbon source just as good for a 29g tank?

Wasn't sure really what kit,my problem is I don't have enough space in the cupboard for a fe,so whatever co2 I have will be on show in the lounge next to the tank!
Was thinking of getting loads of co2 in the tank for a couple of months before I add fish,and then backing off slowly?
Would that work?

You would likely encounter algae problems when backing off as the plants adjust, but that would probably depend on your light levels and how slowly you backed off. It's best to keep things as stable as possible.

If you can afford to keep re-filling the Fluval 88 by all means go for it. What lighting do you have?

It's quite low light,2x 18w T8s in a 29g!The most demanding plant I will have is Eleocharis Parvula as a carpeting plant at the front!

Cool,was hoping not to have to inject,just thought while it was cycling it would be a good idea to,just to give the plants a little extra boost!

Problem solved,going through the panel beaters toolbox at work I found a regulator for a disposable welding bottle!offered him a fiver for it and it's mine!Got 2 600g disposable co2 cans coming,just need to order a few more things and I can start setting my tank up!

Back