• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

P@H/Coopet Nano cube

I've got 6 of these and they all have the same issue, hole for the wire is large allowing objects to be sucked in, bypassing the sponge.

PFK have started giving the Coopet nano for subscribing - I hope they have fixed the issue on newer versions!

madlan said:
I've got 6 of these and they all have the same issue, hole for the wire is large allowing objects to be sucked in, bypassing the sponge.

PFK have started giving the Coopet nano for subscribing - I hope they have fixed the issue on newer versions!

PFK subs offer is for a voucher or something allowing you to collect the tank and kit from a P@H store near you so it will be the newest stock they have in or still have. I imagine from earlier posts they will have restocked or will be restocking with the fixed units.

Tom said:
I would avoid smaller stores, as ours doesn't carry these tanks any more!

Any remaining stock is to be returned for repackaging. They should be back on a P@H shelf near you soon. The filters wasn't mentioned to me when I was told this so can't comment on that side of things.

I had 4 30cm's on hold, took 2 but had a bump in the car so couldn't afford the other 2. I was asked if I minded them being returned for "repackaging"

went in today and they are out in the big store in edinburgh. recalled. the staff did not have a clue when they would be back. when i mentioned the dodgy filters they were initially clueless but then one of the staff vaguely remembered something on an email.

they are doing a repackage thou from what I can see of the additional products on the shelf for the model. they have some "zen" pebbles set and a square modern art ornament set for £20 each branded P@H for them sitting there waiting for tank stock. There were even a couple of display tanks with said ornaments in.

madlan said:
Exchange for existing customers?

i'd say you could easily get the filter swapped for a newer (hopefully fixed) model as this would be covered by your consumer rights.

the official line of recall of product for repackage looks also to be correct by the new "styled" packaging of the accessory packs. frankly P@H and cooper international must have wet themselves from the sales figures of these things to nutters like us. BUT they did not see what the market was, they thought it was for the "designer" lifestyle, fluval edge crowd, not a bunch of guys whom knew the real value of a opti white 30cm cube.

Saying that when I phoned up cooper international and told them outright what was going on while requesting a tank by itself that message must not have been passed to the marketing department. :(

Tom said:
If they aimed it at a crowd like us, I doubt it would be sold through Pets At Home. We are not their target market unfortunately.

yeah, i'm just dreaming of a £20 optiwhite 30cm cube. :(

Anyone know if there's any 27L in South Wales, only the 14L left in my local ones. If anyone has one they're willing to sell in south wales let me know by PM i'd love to buy one!

Just bought the 30cm cube from my local P@H (blackpool store) Had 4 left and have had loads for weeks! First post too, expect a tank thread in the future when I get it all figured out :)

arghhhh why have you bought it??!! I was going to let mine go at a cheaper price and I lived in blackpool! I even included a heater with it! :p

Emyr said:
Surely these 'Opti-White' nanos at that price cant be of the same quality as the ADA opti white ones? Or is i just the brand people pay for with the ada ones?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

Morgan Freeman said:
Emyr said:
Surely these 'Opti-White' nanos at that price cant be of the same quality as the ADA opti white ones? Or is i just the brand people pay for with the ada ones?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

The glass is very similar. Nicely built and nice smooth edges, just like my Mini M and 60P. The silicone is far better than standard tanks, but not quite as clean as my ADA tanks. It's nice piece of glass ;)

Back