• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A very English Spring...The end (tank sold)

Re: A very English Spring...happy with the wood!

thanks Faizal!

just a few from tonight, things are going well, the stems continue to grow well. The Hydrocotle is coming back, slowly, but surely.

Some of the CUC
oto2.jpg

fts
oto1.jpg

oto3.jpg

A very English Spring...happy with the wood!

It's looking really nice now mate keep it up

cheers Mrmickey!

I have enjoyed this scape the most, the fish also appear to enjoy it as well!

Yes it is looking nice - I wish my wood was like that bit you have. Going on your success in this corner tank, what would you say the best layout/formation & placement is for the spraybar and a koralia?

I am still getting a few flow problems, I thought it was under control until i reduced my over dosing of excel. I have my spray bar and a 1600 & 900 koralia mounted at the rear of the tank at the moment....

Hey Viper, at present i'm using the outlet from my filter. I had to buy a new filter as the other one went kerput. So i'm using, a Hydor prime filter with 900lph turnover (apparently Hydor do test with media incuded), i'm also using just a Koralia nano (1600lph), this is quite surficible i find. It has taken a couple of years to work out the best positioning for outlets and powerheads.

heres a couple of pics to show you the positioning of the outlet and powerhead.
powerhead1.jpg

powerhead2.jpg

i hope this is of some help. Again, if you think of it as a normal tank and follow the flow, you will be able to predict the flow in a corner tank.

Hi Ian,

Thanks so much for posting those extra photos up, I really apprecaite that - I can now see from those close ups how you have yours setup. I am going to change my setup around later today so its similar and see what results I get over the next few weeks.

Your tank is looking very nice too - thanks again :)

weekly update...

I got sick of staring at the heater in the tank, so decided to get a Hydor external heater (i love hydor stuff at the mo!).

tropica3.jpg

just a quick question for those that use these, are they OK at a 45 degree angle or do they have to be vertical? there are mixed reports on the net, it's at 45 at the moment and is working well, i just don't want to burn the house down. The wife wouldn't be best pleased.

tropica5.jpg

The Hydro is coming back with a vengeance, there is still a little melt, not as much as before.

tropica2.jpg

Also i have noticed that one of my 'Tropica' leaves is growing like a Wendtii brown?? anyone?

tropica1.jpg

stems have also been trimmed today, they were going mental!

tropica6.jpg

Loving the layout Ian. Manzi wood really gives a great NA feel, without too much head scratching

re: the heater. I've had them on their sides with no issues. I've not been using any heaters on my tanks recently. The 360L may require one though, come winter.

thanks Mark, that has mad me feel a bit better regarding the heater.

weekly update time!

With this tank being a corner tank, i have taken some pics of the 3 main angles it's viewed from. Everything appears to be doing well. I have added a Aponogeton crispus 'red' after seeing Mark Evan's pic of the plant. I just hope mine gets as red :good:

lou4.jpg

The Crispus 'red' is at the back of this pic.
lou3.jpg

lou2.jpg

the lawn
lou1.jpg

excuse the pipes and powerhead.

and another of my new Aponogeton.

red2.jpg

It's very beautiful. A very nice touch indeed. What's the other green coloured plant beside it that's looking just like the Red Aponotogen ?

It sort of looks like a vallisneria. Long thin green leaves.

Thank you for your comment, the green plant next to the Aponogeton is a cryptocoryne balansae, good alternative to Vallis, it looks nicer as well imo.

My wife has just treated me to a new lens, a second hand Minolta 'beercan', AF 70-210mm. It takes really good pics!

beercan.jpg

I had to get one of the tank. :lol:

just a short vid, of the scape a month on. The flow around the substrate appears to be good.

best viewed in 720p :thumbup:

I'm sorry to spam this thread with pics, but i do have a new lens and all that! lol

anyways here a pic of my Aponogeton's new leaf colour. Certainly a different colour to Marks.

frame1.jpg

Looking Stunning, the Hair Grass looks great :)

Back