• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Discus Safe plants

samkiller42

Hi All,
Soon to be setting up my Planted Discus tank. I have 5ft*2ft of sand bed to cover, but i want to keep the front open for swimming space.
I would like low maintenance plants, but i can add CO2 and Fertz (if need be) with ease as the tank will be GHL Profilux controlled.
The tank is 30" tall, so i also need something that's easy enough to plant, and take care off.

I would ideally like to order all plants from Aquaessentials, having used them in the past, i'm happy with the quality.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

Sam

At that depth and wanting low maintenance I would go for crypts
All species do well with low lighting and balansae cen get upto 2 fr ling leaves so great as a background
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses, Forgot to mention i will be using 4*24w T5 tubes, which will be comprised of 2 x 2*24w T5, Both controlled independently from each other, which will be Dimmable too. Other lights will be comprised of GHL Full Weather Simulation sticks and Full Weather Simulation Spot LED's.

Anyway, will look into the ideas above, and see what's what.

Cheers,
Sam

Back