• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new tank question

freelanderuk

my new tank and base has turned up this morning, the tank is 5'6" long x 2'2" high x 16" deep the base same dimensions but 34"high , they have provided 3/4" polystyrene sheet to sit the tank on , is this ok?
what have other people used , the base is well made and in the style of a sideboard . ignore the stuff in the tank thats not mine , do i need any thing in-between and at the moment it seams a little wobbly sat on the carpet , is this normal till it settles , never had a tank as large as this before
thanks
chris

fishtank.jpg

I was looking at an identical one on eBay. The polystyrene at that depth should be fine. I'd be careful with saying it's a little wobbly as that's a big tank which will hold a lot of water and if it's unstable that's an accident waiting to happen. It could just be your carpets really thick but I'd imagine the wait of the tank and unit alone should flatten any carpet

thanks, its from ebay and they delivered free this morning , the base units are made for a range of furniture shops around the country and the company who make these are the company selling on ebay, the only fault i have with it is the tank hood is very very tight which i do not like and it does not drop far enough down the tank, it conceals the brace bars but not far enough down to allow for a space between the bars and water , supplied with a arcadia t8 fitting and tube , i am in contact and hope to get a new hood made , they also do a range of furniture to match the base which swung it with the wife

further checks and a few more problems found , have been offered a full refund, so i accepted and i am now looking for another 5ft tank

Back