• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Get excited and make something.

How amazing is this tank? Shocking!

genel1.jpg

One of the best rainfall what i've seen in an aquarium. The supporting stones looks great too. But you know, just hide the water part with your hand and see what's left. The water part is so strong that suck our eyes and we're not spending time anymore on the other part of the tank.

But still looks very good ;)

I'm not sure I agree with you Victor, I love the scape as a whole and I don't think the left side detracts from it.

In my mind, this is pretty much the exact image I conjure when I imagine a waterfall in the depth of the forest, surrounded by trees and foliage. The stems make an extremely effective canopy, perhaps the hydrocotyle leaves are slightly too large but that is my only (very small) gripe.

Just my inexperienced opinion though! :shifty:

J Butler said:
I'm not sure I agree with you Victor, I love the scape as a whole and I don't think the left side detracts from it.

In my mind, this is pretty much the exact image I conjure when I imagine a waterfall in the depth of the forest, surrounded by trees and foliage. The stems make an extremely effective canopy, perhaps the hydrocotyle leaves are slightly too large but that is my only (very small) gripe.

Just my inexperienced opinion though! :shifty:

Yeah the overal impression is very good. Just wanted to show you what the image do with our eyes.
BTW that's not hydrocotyle, Cardamine lyrata which is a slightly different plant with soft leaves etc. ;) :thumbup:

The scape was the topic of my family dinner time, as I was showing my inlaws how amazing planted tanks can really be, while perusing on the ASW iaplc page. There is a lot of detail on the scape, there are even ripple at the bottom o the waterfall.

It is amazing, simple amazing scape.

where did it come??

an awesome scape, but i do have to agree with Viktor. If you enlarge the pic, you can see that the scaper has focused the cam fully on the waterfall, as the right side is ever so slightly not as focused.

viktorlantos said:
Yeah the overal impression is very good. Just wanted to show you what the image do with our eyes.
BTW that's not hydrocotyle, Cardamine lyrata which is a slightly different plant with soft leaves etc. ;) :thumbup:

Hehe, thanks for the heads up Victor, I didn't enlarge the picture, I can see the leaf structure is quite different to hydrocotyle when you do that, well I did say inexperienced! :lol:

edit: With respect to the picture, the lack of sharpness may have been a hardware issue. Using my woefully inadequate knowledge on photography, wouldn't the camera have to have had a long shutter speed to get everything in focus with such little light and livestock doesn't really stay static unless we call in a taxidermis :wideyed:

If the aquascaper used more light though, it would have ruined the whole feel of the aquascape in my opinion. I could be completely off the mark though, I have no real experience with this :crazy:

ianho said:
where did it come??

an awesome scape, but i do have to agree with Viktor. If you enlarge the pic, you can see that the scaper has focused the cam fully on the waterfall, as the right side is ever so slightly not as focused.

Exactly. It is "wild". That's why we feel natural probably. Also very inspirational and that's what the topic is about. :D
But luckily the contests not only about impression. ;) I do not give good points on plant health for example.
And this is a well ranked tank at IAPLC that's the only reason why i popped this up.

Hopefully i am not sound negative here. :angelic:
Anyway was just a feedback. Still one of the best - or the best waterfall what i've seen in a planted tank. :thumbup:

that is amazing. the only waterfall tutorial i've seen uses a hidden vortex chamber to cycle small sand grains. This one looks a little different though. As Neil says, possibly resin.

John

Tom said:
The trouble with this year's filter wool entry I think is that there isn't enough emphasis on the plants. It looks as if it's just been left to get on with it, where all the care has been on the waterfall section. The CAU guy who did it a few years back I think nailed it.

Yup that was my original thought.

Reading the owners feedback on ASW this is a low light / low tech tank so probably the plants would not look that good anyway. Too much shady areas etc. But the overall impression is very good. Whenever i see that, i think about why i feel the tank so good :D He found the balance i guess. Or just built a super heavy focal point and trick our eyes and brain. Interesting how a focal thing could be so powerful.

Anyway it's a nice tank and something which we will remember as it looks unique the way it is now in a good way.

Back