• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Practical Fishkeeping 14l Nano offer?

Gary Nelson

Has anyone managed to get hold of one of these 14l nano tanks that PFK are offering in this month’s issue - it’s a free offer with a new PFK subscription via Pets at Home and a collection only item.

They look quite cool, I have tried to get one though with my subscription and it seems not many of the stores actually are aware of the offer? One store I did speak to though actually told me that they had come in but they had all been sent back as the packaging was wrong! they were apparently labelled up as 15l when they are 14l.

I just wondered if anyone has managed to get one and what they are like? I had one in mind for setting up a Crystal red shrimp tank :D

The problem with this is they are limited to the 1st 500 subscriptions. When i rang and spoke to them they told me they could not guarantee that i would get one. They also didnt offer anything else if i was unlucky, seems a bit unfair that they get the sub znd were left hoping for a tank.

Both my P@H stores don't even have the new magazine on sale yet. None of them knew about the offer either.

Brilliant

I got a 30cm cube one which has been "re-packaged" with the wrong volume. Says 25L when in fact it is 27L..

I saw this in the copy I picked up, there cool looking tanks and worth the sub IF it was dead certain that you'd would get one, no way am I subscribing to that mag for a bunch of nets and algae magnets haha.

The offer they did a few month back was good, the acrylic all in one tanks, still can't believe I didn't sign up then.

Its been modified slightly to take some of my upgrades like a canister filter and better lighting etc, but here it is in all its glory :) it does me proud.
TomsTank.jpg

George Farmer said:
Very nice, Tom!

Is that the 14 or 27 litre? The sense of scale is excellent.

Thank you,
It is the bigger one of the 2, not much in them though, all the corals are small frags and will need moving on once they are to large and replaced with a small frag to keep it looking the same, its hard to find tiny frags of lots of different corals i tend to just frag everything and give the rest to a close friend for his aquarium. that way i feel if anything was to happen to my tank as it is rather small and water chemistery can change quickly, i have a back up of most corals i have collected :)

Hey, thats really nice Tom - I fancy having a dabble at one of these myself, how much would you say yours has cost you to set up with corals & rock?

viper3770 said:
Hey, thats really nice Tom - I fancy having a dabble at one of these myself, how much would you say yours has cost you to set up with corals & rock?
i actually have no idea :lol: i wouldnt like to think £500 or so give or take.

Tom said:
Wow that's really nice. Very impressive for such a small tank. Is it running a skimmer?
No, it has no skimmer, just do regualr water changes on it to keep it fresh :) its more work than a larger tank, im going to shut it down soon to start funnding my L46 challenge :)

Back