• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aponogeton crispus 'Red'

Mark Evans

Expert
My Aponogeton crispus 'Red' is really taking hold now, and looks rel nice. It's becoming my current fave plant.

aponogeten-crispus-red.jpg

ianho said:
Any tips mate?

Not really. it's doing it's own thing mate. Under T5, it's not so 'flamboyant' in colour. Get lower done for a pic, and the red shows up a treat.

I saw some @ TGM and it looked very different to mine. Even in the pic on tropicas website, it looks quite dark.

Maybe, mine isnt looking how it really should do. On some leaves there's a green part that runs up the middle.

In some ways it reminds me of crypt species, as in, the way they change their appearance on a daily basis.

It is a wonderful plant. It is also a brute and may need taming. My biggest leaves reached over 80cm long and 4cm wide. You should get flowers soon too...

Its red colouration picks out the hints of red in the petrified wood nicely.

George Farmer said:
It is a wonderful plant. It is also a brute and may need taming. My biggest leaves reached over 80cm long and 4cm wide. You should get flowers soon too...

It is nice George. Do the flowers grow off a stalk?

Here's the leaf as it gets towards the surface. The green vein, does disappear as it gets towards the light. You can see the immature leaves top the left and right, just below the main one.

aponogeten-crispus-red-21.jpg

I've got a few ideas in mind for a future tank, which could incorporate this plant.

I had a aponogeton ulvaceus that flowered regulaly a while back

20th6.jpg

poor quality

They let off quite a nice smell as well. They look better in an open top tank.

looks good, have been after one for a wile.

currently have a green one flowering, did have 5 flowers but lid fell and chopped two off

15082011448.jpg

TGM have some nice specimens in stock at the min M_att, they aren't the cheapest of plants though.

ianho said:
TGM have some nice specimens in stock at the min M_att, they aren't the cheapest of plants though.

ideal cheers will have a look

ianho said:
according to Tropica the max height is 30cm. I know that's not a lot to go on!lol

mines at 2ft currently :)

Back