• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ben's 90cm un-named re-scape - MORE NEW PICS 20/08/11

Re: Ben's 90cm un-named re-scape - NEW PICS 22/04/11

Gill said:
The presentation of the shots sure give the pix a greater depth, and a great choice of fish. Very underated fish and look amazing once colored up and a little maturer

I totally agree with you Gill, these fish look lovely! I have 6 larger ones in there which are obviously older and have much greater colour. It took me ages to decide on the fish for this tank, but it was definitely Tetras of one kind. Fish I considered were,
Hyphessobrycon flammeus - Flame Tetra,
Hyphessobrycon loretoensis - Loreto Tetra,
Hyphessobrycon megalopterus - Black Phantom Tetra, also the Red variety,
Hyphessobrycon pyrrhonotus - Flame-back Bleeding Heart Tetra - These were my first choice, I actually brought 16 of these from Wildwoods as they showed in stock, but once I purchased them online, they called me to say there had been an error and they didn't have them....GUTTED!!

To name but a few....... I would like to get another tank up and running, however being so busy with work leaves me little time to properly maintain another setup....maybe an excuse to get some more staff!!! :shifty:

Re: Ben's 90cm un-named re-scape - NEW PIC 20/08/11

Time for a very quick update.....

This tank has had some up's and down's, most of my problems have been to do with the co2 regulator, it just seems to want to pump huge volumes of co2 into the whenever it feels like it, a real pain! The other problem is my serious lack of time lately and as a result plant health is starting to suffer due to lack of consistent maintenance so I thought I'd take a FTS before things really go down hill....

FinalFTS.jpg

Sorry no more photos for now..... in fact I think a change of scape is on the horizon! :D

Re: Ben's 90cm un-named re-scape - NEW PICS 20/08/11

Oh mate. This is seriously good. I'd love to help out with some final images if you need any help.

Mark Evans said:
Oh mate. This is seriously good. I'd love to help out with some final images if you need any help.

Cheers Mark, :thumbup: Regards final images.......you suggest away mate, all ideas greatly received.

Mark Evans said:
B7fec said:
you suggest away mate, all ideas greatly received.

I come to yours! :lol:

Always welcome mate...... bit out the way though which is ashame! :( mind we could have a UKAPS beach party meet! I only live 30 seconds from the beach!! :D Excuse thought up! now thats perfect! :thumbup:

that looks really good, Ben!

No more pics??!! please post some more.

:woot: wow Ben,thats stunning,stunning and again stunning :D .

ianho said:
that looks really good, Ben!

No more pics??!! please post some more.

Thanks! more pics on the way...... need some fish to photograph though.

nelson said:
:woot: wow Ben,thats stunning,stunning and again stunning :D .

Cheers mate :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
Incredible, Ben.

Thanks for that George, high praise indeed..... thanks again!

viktorlantos said:
wow this looks very nice mate! :angelic: Looks refreshing in this matured age. :thumbup:

Hi Victor, thanks mate I have tried to keep the scape light and fresh but have struggled with the dominant piece of would on the right.

Gill said:
Sweet lord, that is Stunning

Tom said:
Very very nice :D Love the wood Tom

Derek Tweedie said:
That has to one of the nicest tanks I've seen.

Wow......Thanks for the great comments guys! :thumbup:

Ok, so now for a few more pics, only trouble is I have very few fish in this tank now, so while the plants look nice to photograph, I'm lacking that all important fish focal point/interest. I think with a nice choice of fish I can better the composition of all these pics.

Anyway heres a selection.....

Some inhabitants
catfishCrop.jpg

Some UWA.....
CentreCrop.jpg

plants-1.jpg

plants2.jpg

Cheers Ben

Back