• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which regulator to buy?

I thought you already said that you weren't going down the FE route and a 500g canister will be fine. I don't quite know what you want and I really don't see any point in a fire extinguisher setup for a 60l tank!! My LFS will give me a 500g refilled canister for £10 a time, which really isn't a lot of money when you will probably only have to refill it twice a year at most!

Emyr said:
Looks like I wont be going for the TMC regulator after all Matt. No worries Alastair, Thanks.

Would this regulator
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5832wt_907

Fit this canister then?
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tmc-v2c ... -4442.html

Think this is what I would go for if it does.

sorry bit late on thread, no they wont be compatible, the bottle is basicaly a paintball tank and takjes a cga320 fitting, the reg is a uk din477 you can buy a thread converter on that site. and any paintball centre would be able to fil that tmc bottle.

and just seen price :? you can get a 20oz paintball tank (same size) for £20

I got a JBL proflora kit in the end for a really good price. Otherwise I would have gone with the regulator that you have seen on here. I didnt want to take the risk of buying from hong honk originally. I think they are probably fine though. Many people that I have spoken to have had them for 6 months plus and say they work fine. They have a one year guarantee with them anyway. Check that it will fit the co2 canister that you are planning on getting first as well. There isnt a great deal that can go wrong with a regulator really. Other than the solenoid and everyone says that they work fine so I would give it a go!

Can't really get better than a lunapet regulator, brilliant bit of kit. Two stage regulators are gaining huge amounts of ground though so if you have the extra money they're worth getting as they don't de-gas once they're nearly empty but they're not really available as kits.

I skimped on a few regulators in my time and I've always ended up stung by them.

skeletonw00t said:
Can you ge any of these preasure adjustable ones but without the solenoid... The last solonoid one i got was very noisey and i dont want to risk it again. (previous was the wave one)

As guruf said, if you go on eBay, look for the lunapet ones and the regulators don't have solanoids, you can buy a seperate one for them though and those regs are working pressure adjustable too.
I've never had any problems with noise or heat on my hong kong solenoid. I've read a few posts where the wave regs are noisy

garuf what do you mean by two stage regulator - an adjustable working pressure regulator? Are the lunapet regulators definitely adjustable? It would seem the ideal would be a regulator with adjustable working pressure and a solenoid, does one exist?

Phil

Edit - just realised answer to the question is already here, doh! Read the thread properly!

Back