• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two worlds [THE END]

Re: Plant-O-matic

A little shy dad ...
6038171316_c904494792_b.jpg

Work done!

Last full tank shot before AGA, next one shall remain hidden until the results are out :)
6038415286_8d890b6360_b.jpg

That doesn't mean I won't add other pictures.

Have a nice weekend!

Mike

Light added on the left.
6038457766_661215425c_b.jpg

Light setup:
2x24w T5 above
2x24w T5 background
1x13w PL right, 1x20w PL left

As I'm bored to death the following weeks until the final shot I wanted to test some algaecides:
- EasyCarbo & Algexit from Easy Life.

The algae that I want to exterminate are:
- BBA & Spyro

Keep you updated.

Thanks mates, glad you like it!

@Tom - yes, especially the colored ones. I want to replace it in the future with Aponogeton madagascariensis.
@grathod - An old Resun luminaire modified for T5.

For George & Mark a black background test:
6085211182_9395b0cacf_b.jpg

The colors are just alien but it flattens the scape and the sense of depth is lost.
Anyway I like it very much and I'll try one without the hardware in the future near the photoperiod end so it will look like a starry night with all the bubbles around.

Mike

I'm still not content with some plants development so I've done a couple of changes to see if they make any difference. Some plants are stagnant (more or less shaded so I've moved them in brighter areas) and the other though are growing good the leaf shape and coloring is just average, I want brighter reds, broader leaves and side shots.

The targeted plants are:

Rotala rotundifolia (growing good but I want longer leaves and orange/pink coloring, most of them are yellow/green)
Rotala macrandra (growing good but I want broader leaves, side shots and brighter red)
Ammania gracilis (slow grower but nice coloring, I want to improve the growth rate)
Proserpinaca palustris (growing very good but I want broader leaves)
Ludwigia arcuata (stagnant, hope I can improve the growth)
Rotala vietnam (growing good, I want to improve coloring, now is yellow/green, hope it will turn into orange/pink).

The old specs:
2xOsram 965 24W with reflectors (6500K) / 7h period

The new specs:
2xJBL Solar Tropic T5 28W with reflectors (4000k) / 9h period

Increased the CO2 addition, NPK+trace the same, I want to lower nitrates more to improve coloring.

Speaking of dosing:

Daily:
2.5ml TPN+
2 x Dennerle A1 Daily
2ml EasyCarbo

Weekly after water change:
4ml TPN+
7ml Algexit (testing it)

Keep you folks updated, if anyone's interested in my experiments.

Mike

I'd be interested to see the results. My nemesis is getting red plants, red.

I prefer the white now we have a comparison. :thumbup:

I'll keep you updated mate if anything special happens.

Yesterday's conclusions:
- a real boost on pearling;
- visible growth;
- leaf shape and coloring more or less the same.

Lowered TPN+ to 1.5ml/daily.

Sorry I couldn't clean the glass, my apisto has new eggs again and I don't want to stress it with that or removing the hardware the following week.

6106115829_66ef99ff8f_b.jpg

I'm happy with the new lights (4000K), the plants are starting to blush (the ones that are not shaded) and it's also excellent for photography, when setting the WB to render it white the background lit with 8000K tubes gets a little blue tint.

Back