• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[CONTEST] UKAPS @ Aquatics Live, Olympia

George Farmer said:
Westyggx said:
George, any chance of a couple of discounted tickets they are all gone :(
Hi all,

Just to let you all know that there's plenty of discounted tickets for UKAPS members still available, using the discount code, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

The site is a little misleading and the discounted price won't update until you proceed onto the next page, so please don't be put off.

Thank you, two tickets purchased for the sat :)

Any tips on traveling down ie is it a good area to drive there or is it in the center of london also accommodation?

Cheers

Westy unless your hotel has parking I wouldn't bother. You could park in overnight car park but they are dollar! Or you'll get clamped, towed, fined or like me last week get a bloody £65 ticket for getting stuck in a no stopping zone.

Yep, parking is a big issue in London, so driving here unless you got parking secured is an issue.

Most roads are parking permit only and then you have the congestion charge.

Take the train in. :)

Mrmikey said:
Westy unless your hotel has parking I wouldn't bother. You could park in overnight car park but they are dollar! Or you'll get clamped, towed, fined or like me last week get a bloody £65 ticket for getting stuck in a no stopping zone.

Cheers mate I've not been to London before so I'll do some hotel research and trains!

Can anyone give me an insight into what Aquatics live actually is, will there be products on show and such like Vivarium?

Cheers

Westyggx said:
Can anyone give me an insight into what Aquatics live actually is, will there be products on show and such like Vivarium?

Cheers
Hi Mike

You should be able to get a good idea about the show from the Aquatics Live website, their Facebook page, and their blog.

All links are in the 1st post in this thread.

For me the biggest deal is the opportunity to promote the planted aquarium and aquascaping hobby to the masses, many of which will have never heard of or seen an aquascape or healthy planted aquarium before now.

Cheers,
George

Hi all,

Firstly my apologies for being relatively inactive on UKAPS for the last few weeks. Work and family life have been hectic lately.

Secondly, I am deployed away at short notice with the RAF next month.

This means I won't be attending Aquatics Live. I am deeply saddened by this, as I have put a lot of work into organising almost all of the aquascaping aspects to the event. Obviously I won't be giving my seminars as planned either.

However, there is some good news.

Talented aquascaper, James Starr-Marshall will be giving the seminars in my place. I am totally confident that James will provide great talks - he's a passionate aquascaper and is more than comfortable with public speaking. James will be withdrawing from the Live Aquascaping Contest due to the extra commitments, and take my place as aquascaping judge.

Regarding the aquascaping events we have planned so far -

UKAPS-LAC
Each entrant has an identical Dennerle 60 litre nano aquarium with a choice of white, brown or black Unipac substrate.

A variety of hardscape materials will be supplied from Unipac i.e. Sumatra wood, Petrified wood, pebbles, different types of rock.

Each entrant is to have a 30 pot limit of Tropica plants. They order whatever species they wish from the Tropica catalogue and have their ordered plants available to them on the Saturday morning to commence their aquascaping. They may also bring their own plants and/or hardscape.

They have until Saturday evening to complete the aquascapes. Judging will commence on Sunday morning and winners announced on Sunday afternoon. Judging panel (TBC) - Dan Crawford, James Starr-Marshall, Chris Lukhaup, Heiko Bleher. Prizes TBC.

UKAPS Stand
Dan Crawford is leading the way for the UKAPS Stand. I am certain it will be best stand there featuring live mature aquascapes from several UKAPS members. Those that have expressed an interest already to me will be contacted soon. We also plan to have a couple of empty aquariums to aquascape live for the public.

Kids' Aquascaping Area
A selection of 6 Hagen tanks will be available to the public, preferbly kids, to aquascape. There's a selection of tanks to cater for all age groups i.e. Hagen Mermaid tanks for the youngest, through to Fluval Flora and Roma tanks. I would appreciate any volunteers who can man this stand (it's next to the UKAPS area), and ideally some form of rota could easily be implemented. This area is a big deal for me, as these kids potentially represent the future of our hobby.

Finally I would like to encourage as many of you as possible to attend this event. I think it's going to be great, and the planted aquarium and aquascaping hobby in particular is going to be very well represented - mostly thanks to UKAPS and its dedicated members!

Cheers,
George

I am sad that you are not attending the show, was looking forward to your seminars, lots to learn from you, but not all is lost, we now have James, I am a big fan of his nanos.

Regarding the ordering of plants, when can we do it, and how do we do it?

Thanks,
Luis

ghostsword said:
I am sad that you are not attending the show, was looking forward to your seminars, lots to learn from you, but not all is lost, we now have James, I am a big fan of his nanos.

Regarding the ordering of plants, when can we do it, and how do we do it?

Thanks,
Luis
Hi Luis

Thanks for the words of support.

I will be emailing all entrants next week with an order form. Nearer the time the plants will be delivered en masse to a central location, then distributed to each entrant at the event. Rest assured that the plants will be in top condition, even after being in a box for a couple of days or so (I have left them in their boxes for 2 weeks before planting before now!)

Cheers,
George

Back