• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My emersed setup - Tesco Jar 19/9

Re: My emersed setup - new pics

I may be wrong but I think Myriophyllum is a "true" aquatic plant so it wont probably grow emersed.

cheers,

GM

You might be right, and I might have the wrong name! I'm sure there was a similar looking plant that could be grown this way.

We've got some great Ozelot Swords in at work at the moment, and it's so tempting to get one to grow emersed. I've just got nowhere to put one!!

I've got this planter going at the moment too, with HC, C. willisii, E. parvula, Staurogyne, and H. sibthorpioides. You can probably see the Hydrocotyle growing out of the lid! I can't take the lid of now because it would never go back on - the plants have grown up the sides!

IMG_3931.jpg

Tom

Thanks Viktor, I reckon I'll try some then.
They are much less stressful aren't they Luis! There's almost nothing to go wrong!!

I thought I'd put some pics up of the propagator, as I gave it a trim earlier.

Here's how it was
IMG_3936.jpg

Trimmed
IMG_3938.jpg

Quick shot of the Staurogyne and Crypts
IMG_3941.jpg

And back on the windowsil.
IMG_3947.jpg

I think I'll get some more of these propagators and keep just one species in each. Would be more convenient if they were a bit taller to help with growing larger Crypts and some Echinos.

Tom

I had a trim this evening (re-used the trimmings). I'm going to try and shape the stems from now on, sloping from low at the front to higher at the back. I've taken them pretty low to see how they bush out. I also noticed today the Sword had a flower poking out. Will be good to see what it looks like when it's out :)

IMG_3973.jpg

With or without water? Hah! Cheers :)

I've actually got a 60P in my TGM "basket" but I'm too nervous to press checkout!! In my aquaessentials basket are 10 liters of Flora Base, 2x 18w Superfish lights, Hoses etc etc.... I can't make myself do it!!

Tom said:

I've actually got a 60P in my TGM "basket" but I'm too nervous to press checkout!! In my aquaessentials basket are 10 liters of Flora Base, 2x 18w Superfish lights, Hoses etc etc.... I can't make myself do it!!
Whats a 60P Tom :?:
hoggie

Tom said:

Do it do it!

I love this little setup.

I've been playing around with some emersed plants, having loads of fun with crypts. Might set up something more permanent soon.

Back