• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim 2128

RossMartin

Hi all,

Can someone tell me how the heater in the Eheim 2128 monitors the temperature of the water? do i have to run a sensor into the tank or does it do it from the water in the canister?

A pic of the filter would also be useful!

Thanks

Ross

Hi,
The Pro II Thermofilters use an external probe which measures 3 inches or so and which is placed in the tank attached to a thin wire. There is also a thermostat which is mounted external to the tank and is attached with something akin to a telephone lead. The combination of the probe wire, thermostat cable, heater element power wire and pump head wire makes for a fiddly installation which many people dislike, but that has to be weighed against the advantages of not having to deal with an in-tank heater. The Pro III series do away with the external probe and thermostat, so you lose two wires - a very welcome improvement. Pro III's also have higher flow, so I would recommend these over the Pro II's assuming pricing is not too much of a deterrent.

Cheers,

Thanks Ceg,

Don't really want a probe in the tank. I have looked at the Eheim 350T which looks better for a similar price although it only gives me about 4-5x turnover. If i add a Korallia do you think that will be sufficient for a ADA 75P (75cm x 45cm x 45cm) which is 150 litres?

Thanks

Ross

Well, yeah, I guess so. I'm the worst guy to ask in any rational debate about powerheads v filters. I mean, you don't like the visual appeal of a heater in the tank right? So why is it OK to strap some massive Saturn V rocket engine to the tank wall? Why not just get the next stronger thermofilter? Although... I suppose you've got cabinet internal dimensions to think about... :shifty:

Cheers,

Back