• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UP inline co2 reactor on a filter intake?

lowee

As the question says really! Is the above possible? I accidentally bought the wrong sized diffuser and now it only fits on the filter intake as opposed to the outtake. How ever when I connect it to said intake, of just causes water to come out of the intake! Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Yeh I tried putting it on and all that happens is that the filter stops working and bubbles start coming out of the intake. Any idea what's causing this?

Yeh I've tried it both ways around. It seems to work okay for about 10 minutes and then it's almost like the diffuser fills with co2 and it starts coming out of the intake!

It's saying about 5 bar at the moment, using an eheim 2217. And just bubbles come out of the intake, nothing from the outlet/spraybat.

Thanks

5 bar??? Wow that's a hell of a lot of pressure going through it. Sounds to me like your filter is airlocking after the ten minutes or so. Whilst it's doing that give the filter a shake and see if that stops it. It definitely sounds like it's airlocked and the c02 is then being pushed back out

This time the flow reversed after about a minute! I gave it a shake but nothing seemed to happen. It's almost as if the diffuser is filling with co2 and causing the gas to go back out of the inlet. I'll try and get a video at some point, but not sure when I can do that.

foxfish said:
5 bar! every body take cover :?

Ha ha. I'd certainly knock that working pressure down to about 2 n half see if that helps too. 5 bar is huge and I've had a bubble counter blow in my face at that pressure. I'd lower it and see how you go from there. Definitely sounds to me like it's too much co2 bubbled going in and at that pressure o imagine the bubbles aren't small either. If all else fails just buy the right size one. Sure someone's selling one on here. All that pressure and back flow could be a sign that it's doing damage to the filter.

Well hopefully there won't be anything blowing up! Ha. But i don't think I can change the pressure! Will have a look at the reg tomorrow. Just bought myself the proper sized diffuser but I'm thinking I might end up with similar problems if its the pressure of the cylinder! Thanks for the help though, will let you know how it goes!

Back