• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What do you do?

Hi all,i am an ex arctic driver,then transport manager, now semi retired i work 4 days a week in a fishing tackle shop,regards john

I am a workshy fop and hardcore loafer.

Dave.

I am an ex welder, ex powder coater, ex electro plater, ex bar tender(In Portugal) and now am mostly doing sod all he,he :lol:

doctor... enough said to bore you guys down... I so want a job swap. Used to be a silver waiter, bar men, aquatic shop assistance, local dispensary receptionist, second hand car seller... I think that's all. lol

I work in Corporate Sales Support for Europes Largest Energy Supplier.
not my dream job, but its interesting and i like getting stuck into complicated queries.
I have been:
popcorn maker
assembly operator/technician
production operative
doritos maker
farm hand
veterinary nurse
labourer
retail sales
office manager
techical support kelpdesk
call centre manager
area sales manager
photographer
call centre team leader
trainer
markets since 10 years old : womens clothes, watches, veg, jewellery, electrical items, shoes.
inbound/outboumd sales
ema coordinator
congestion charge sales
usher
cashier
food hygiene inspector
student
mystery shopper
company director- still am for dads business'
property developer uk + abroad - love this, planning more properties this year.
loads more, all the above before 30.

I work in the public sector managing economic development programmes :? .

beeky said:
Sounds like George has the most interesting job - both of them!

Personally I'd prefer to do what Dave and cichlidsrgr8 do! Lots more time for pottering with my fish!

Student at Uni studying Biochemistry. One more year to go and then I would like to do a PhD so then you must refer to me as Dr Perry wa ha ha :lol: jk.

I have been:-
Shop assistant (Birthdays, Boots, TK Maxx, Game)
Electricians assistant (my dad)
Drum Tech (my dad)
Pharmacy assistant (boots)
Worked in Natwest and did loads of different jobs inc cashier
Blind maker (conservatory blinds)
Aquatic salesperson (Porton pet and aquatics)
Research Scientist life sciences (IBBS) - Simplistically I studied into finding new antibiotics

I am 21 :)

Dave Spencer said:

Dave.

Allways a great sense of humor!!!

Me, Animal Supplies Assistant/Zoo keeper at Chester zoo.
My main jobs are land managment,tractor maintanance,breeding black crikets, delivering food daily into the zoo. I also look after animals in quarentine, do anaimal moves around the Uk, appear on TV when I least apreciate it. It goes on and on the jobs our department carries out.
Before that I was in agriculture.

Graeme Edwards said:
Dave Spencer said:

Dave.

Allways a great sense of humor!!!

Me, Animal Supplies Assistant/Zoo keeper at Chester zoo.
My main jobs are land managment,tractor maintanance,breeding black crikets, delivering food daily into the zoo. I also look after animals in quarentine, do anaimal moves around the Uk, appear on TV when I least apreciate it. It goes on and on the jobs our department carries out.
Before that I was in agriculture.

That must be such a cool job working at Chester Zoo. I did see there was a job going the the aquarium which looked cool but was too far for me, being in Wales and all. One of my friends off my course has applied for a few jobs going in the reptile house too

PhD student - in my final year trying to get a computer to understand sign language. So image processing and computer vision.

The only difficulty is I have no idea what I want to do when I finish, except that I don't want to spend the best part of my life sitting in front of a computer hidden away from the world. In fact I have a longer list of things I don't want to do than of things I do want to do... though the loafing idea sounds nice... if I thought I wouldn't get bored within a week and need stimulation!

I'm a Welder's Mate (labourer)

Also a small time entrepreneur
Used to buy snooker cues/cases/accessories in bulk from China and sell on ebay until ebay got flooded with them and I decided that it was no longer viable. Made some money there though.

I now buy things from Poundland and sell them for £2.49 on ebay. You would be surprised but everything sells. lol. Scaling up from £40 purchases a week next week to £100.

He, he.....beware what you buy new off ebay because you always spot it cheaper somewhere in town and realise it wasn't the bargain you thought. Ha, ha.

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
I now buy things from Poundland and sell them for £2.49 on ebay. You would be surprised but everything sells. lol. Scaling up from £40 purchases a week next week to £100.

Thats a brilliant scheme! Why didnt I think of that?!

This time next year Rodney we'll be millionaires. lol

And we know what happened there. he, he.

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
I now buy things from Poundland and sell them for £2.49 on ebay. You would be surprised but everything sells. lol....

He, he.....beware what you buy new off ebay because you always spot it cheaper somewhere in town and realise it wasn't the bargain you thought. Ha, ha.
Unless of course you live somewhere without a poundland or equivalent. In which case it often is cheaper to buy for a couple of quid off ebay :rolleyes:

I saw a programme a few years ago on the "phenomonon(sp?) of ebay" and this bloke wondered around on a beach picking up used bits of rope left over from fisherman and then sold it on ebay to prove "you can get money for old rope". He did sell it - to some one who wanted to tie down tarpaulin covering his sports car collection. Unfortunately, he didn't charge enough for postage so ended up making a loss!! :lol:

Im a student studying a lvl 3 BTEC in general IT.. im also a lecturer at the same level in web design/development as well as basic networking and computer maintenance.

From September I ALSO start teacher training as well! Not overly sure how Ill pull it all off but will give it my best shot.

Somewhat boringly I'm an Electronics Test Engineer? Permanent nightshift with internet access though (which is nice) and explains why some of my posting times are bizarely early in the morning :twisted:

Also do loads of building work having been in the construction industry previously and being way too mean to pay anyone to do something that I can have a crack at myself. Renovating 1920's semi in rural mid-wales. My 5 year restoration plan has now been extended to 10 yrs. :?

Also take great interest in messing with technical things with some knowledge of loads of general engineering. Latest project is an aquarium computer, but she (who must be obeyed) keeps dragging me back to building work so this may take a while. :(

At this point I should add that I feel a bit of a fraud as I don't currently have a tank set up. Obviously I have had to factor this into my building projects so I'm gathering as much info as poss (and kit) before setting up. :?

Wife is a mystery shopper. Well it mystifies me she can spend so much on so little! I also have a 5 year old who is autistic (not severely) and a 16 year old stepson at home - who are both cracking kids. :D

Back