• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ipad2

Im a massive fan of the iPhone, so it was the next logical step for me. It's utterly brilliant.

My pc will be for gaming and picture editing.

Got HP Touchpad from firesale and for browsing nothing better out there but still I am behind desktop PC and 24" screen, but it is good for bed reading though.

how it can be great without flash?

sent from bed using touchpad not using tapatalk

I'm a web developer/designer in my spare time, I also used flash a lot in the past at uni. Its an awful technology, buggy and inefficient. HTML5 has as many functions as flash and is within the browser. This is one of the reasons the iPads battery last so much longer than any other inferior tablet.

Sentral said:
I'm a web developer/designer in my spare time, I also used flash a lot in the past at uni. Its an awful technology, buggy and inefficient. HTML5 has as many functions as flash and is within the browser. This is one of the reasons the iPads battery last so much longer than any other inferior tablet.

I can 2nd that, flash is poop :thumbdown:

I absolutely love my Ipad, I bought one when they first came out but there are some issues I would like to see sorted out.
Not least of all is the search facility on the app store, this is terribly inefficient & extremely frustrating to use.
However I love the portability & photo storage is fantastic too, I read at least one book (via the kindle app) a week & take the device with me everywhere.

The ability to do email, surf, game and tonnes of other stuff whilst sat on a comfy chair is great. The iTunes apps are brilliant.

The ipad2 seems really quick with processing too.

iPad and Takashi Amano

Amano believes that imagination is the common denominator between photographs and aquariums. This means that visualizing beautiful images leads to highly artistic output. In the current wave of digitalization, even Amano, who refers himself as an "analog person", is also using an iPad. A while back, movie director Hayao Miyazaki's negative comment on iPad, "All I need are pencil and paper" became the talk of the town. Amano, after actually using an iPad, also felt that e-books were impersonal and, at the same time, he was concerned that his unique imagination might be lost through the use of such electronic device. He said, "I still like to read physical books by turning the pages. I don't feel such warmth from iPad; it's just like the difference between home cooking and instant food. Convenience is not everything, and we learn a lot from seemingly unproductive things. I hope people won't become like human clones in the further advancement of digitalization, and I really feel the significance of unique ideas and imagination. That's why I think right-brain thinking will become increasingly important from now. Computers cannot attain this type of thinking. On the other hand, left-brain thinking and information processing may eventually be taken over by computers."
Aqua Journal October 2011

Any touchpad can do what you guys describe here and some can do worst some better :) iPad even miss USB port can't connect camera to load pics... I do not like Safari on my iphone it is always reloading, reloading pages when moving in between tabs not sure of ipad i guess same crap. I do not like iTunes it is closed format and it does not support Flac lossless format and any music on any PAD POD or similar with tiny headphones etc is useless anyway once you get used to proper stereo set for exapmlle Cyrus stereo + Spendor speakers there is no way back.

Radik said:
Any touchpad can do what you guys describe here and some can do worst some better :) iPad even miss USB port can't connect camera to load pics... I do not like Safari on my iphone it is always reloading, reloading pages when moving in between tabs not sure of ipad i guess same crap. I do not like iTunes it is closed format and it does not support Flac lossless format and any music on any PAD POD or similar with tiny headphones etc is useless anyway once you get used to proper stereo set for exapmlle Cyrus stereo + Spendor speakers there is no way back.
Well for a start you CAN connect the iPad to any camera with an adapter. Not many people do though...

The iPod as an MP3 player is actually one of the best sounding available as far as sound quality is concerned. Yes the supplied headphones are awful, but the majority of people don't care that much.

I use FLAC a lot, I just convert to Apple Losless if I want it on my iPhone/iPod.

The fact isn't what other tablets can do, its how they do it. You really can't argue with 30 million people.

Back