• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

confused about dosing

Rabb.D

i was wondering how to dose with seachem products,

i,ve read the fert section, and can't seem to comprehend how to convert KNO3 and KH2PO4 dosing into seachem dosing

i realize i could just use test kits and get them in the right ppm but was just wondering how to dose using EI method without testing using seachem...?

i even used the NPK rating, but then decided i was being deluded...

any help?

that would be an option, but I'm not sure if they ship, since im not living in the UK, seachem is readily available here, the reason of it being my choice and ADA a little too expensive.

the reality is i have never completely understood how to dose, i still find it mind boggling... the instructions give me a guide to dose but i dont know if they meet the requirements of the planted tank i want to set up and uptake of plant and whatnot... also wanted to dose EI method, just to try it out without testing

so my question is, how to dose EI with seachem line... or do i really have to use test kits with seachem? :?

just waiting for a miracle revelation... or layman explanation

edit: i think my question is how many ppm each of K,NO3 and PO4 do i dose per dosing

Aquarium Plant Food UK post internationally, they have a great starter kit that includes dry salts and dosing bottles, all for £18 plus delivery. even with delivery i would have thought it would work out a lot cheaper than pre mixed ferts. if you still want to go down the seachem route, i would dose at recommended levels and adjust to suit as and when you plants show signs of deficiency

Ok thanks for the advice, i'll check out Aquarium Plant Food UK, always wanted dry ferts anyways just didn't know how to get a hold of them :)

Stick to the dosing instructions with the product. Trying to calculate ratios to dose EI ways with another product maybe more trouble than it's worth. I'm surprised no one has told you to throw away your test kits yet.

Plant health will soon tell you if you are under dosing so you can step it up. EI is cheap so you can always double dose or strengthen your mixes when plant mass increases.

I'll second the EI starter kit as posted above. All you need to get started, use the calculator to work out your dosing. Remember that all tanks will have different uptake rates so what is a good mix for 1 tank may not be enough for another tank.

Back