• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3 Nanos in a row - project

hogan53 said:
Here is something similar
flyingfish said:
this is the filter yes?

They are all not the same, of course you can use different - but keep in mind they might be noisy and difficult to clean. I´ll take mine into parts later and show some pictures so you can better understand what I´m talking about.

Planting is postponed till end of July,
As I'll have to go to cologne for 5 weeks and I don't want to leave 3 tanks on their own in the initial stage.

Meantime I will show the technical aspects in detail ;)

Can you tell me where you got the cubes from? I'm thinking of doing something similar myself, but can't decide on tanks. Cheers! :)

Drouthie said:
Can you tell me where you got the cubes from? I'm thinking of doing something similar myself, but can't decide on tanks. Cheers! :)

Hi,
in this case I used some old Dennerle nano cubes, they have curved edges in the front, but i put them reverse side for better photograph. The seal is horrible and they are floatglass. If I would buy a tank today - it would be hight quality one and optiwhite ;)

flygja said:
That's going to look real cool

Thanks, can´t wait to plant it, but have to wait..

Last weekend I teared down my 400 liter tank. Somebody wanna buy? :lol:
This is were I will put the cubes after this tank is gone
IMG_2182%20Kopie.jpg

Ed,
there are no final pics - as the final stage of this tank was "plants storage"

After data storage issues I´m back to routine so we can continue :)
Here you can see the pendant lightning, still with old bulbs and hardscape preview
IMG_2252ps.jpg

got the plants today - gonna start planting tomorrow

IMG_3389.jpg

as you can see, I´m going to use lots of invitro plants and yes, the whole lot is just for the 3 nano cubes
IMG_3398.jpg

Thanks Mike,

I'm still planting
wish I had a dozen of helpers like amano has to do all the moss work ..

Thanks Spyder,
yes it might happen that not everything will fit - but better to have too much, rather than not enough plants, right?

Here is a couple of shots, showing the tools I have used to tie Moos on the wood and to fix Anubias petite and Bolbitits mini. Sure it is a little waste of money but the ADA Wood tight is really much nicer to use than the cheap one from garden market. I have used the other one for years and was struggling, but the Wood Tight is a dream and safes a lot of time as it is covered with kind of rubber, so it holds much better and is softer.
Other things like Moss Kotton and Riccia Line are nothing special but if I only need to replace them once per year, I don't care the extra costs and I´m happy to use some luxury gear :lol:

IMG_0038ps.jpg

IMG_0046ps.jpg

IMG_0053ps.jpg

Really loving all three! Just beautiful and thats before you've even added the plants!!

You've inspired me to rescape my 20l and I hope I can try and capture some of the amazing aesthetics that you've achieved...

Juri

I love the idea! Very interesting to see how they will look once grown in

Nicely presented in the pictures

I will be watching with much interest!

Andyh

Back