• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI trace mix question

Matt Warner

Hi all,
I was just wondering how much cheated trace powder everyone uses in their EI trace solution. At the moment I am using just over a teaspoon mixed in 500ml of water and I am adding 10ml per 50l aquarium water.
Cheers

Your dosing this standard twice per week?

My calculations came to around 1/2 tsp per 4 weeks on 60l. I use 1tsp to 400ml dosing 25ml twice per week (8 week supply). Without doing all the maths it seems your dosing close to half my value. On a 50l tank you stretch 1 tsp over 25 days. I did round up my value slightly.

Don't go adding another tsp of trace to your dosing bottle just yet. I could be way off the mark.

Hi, I am dosing EI so therefore 3x per week. Plants aren't really showing any deficiencies but just wondered what everyone else doses.
Cheers

Hi Matty1983

FYI.
I add one and a half teaspoons to 240ml water and dose 30ml twice a week on 180l heavily planted tank. This works well.
Matty1983 said:
Plants aren't really showing any deficiencies
This is a good sign :D .

Trace is what it says on the tin. The plants do not need very much of this.
I would be inclined to leave your Trace dosing as it is, if all is well.

Back