• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What shrimp(s) do you keep?

Hi guys.
I keep a lot of cherryies, more than 200. I also breed CRS for fun. Currently have around 250 of them. Also have some Amano's.
Cherry1.jpg

Cherry2.jpg

Cherry.jpg

CrystalRed9.jpg

CrystalRed8.jpg

CrystalRed7.jpg

CrystalRed6.jpg

Aquadream said:
viktorlantos said:
Beauty captures! ;)
Cheers. I am still learning how to use this bloody Canon 600D. It takes me ages to get a lucky shot.
:)

You must have spent days then Aqua, you got seven beauties right there!

Those Taiwan bees are magnificent Victor, the white tail fanning in contrast to the black of the body looks fantastic!
I'm a complete philistine when it comes to shrimp but even I can tell they're special :thumbup:

I shudder to think of the price though... :D

J Butler said:
Aquadream said:
viktorlantos said:
Beauty captures! ;)
Cheers. I am still learning how to use this bloody Canon 600D. It takes me ages to get a lucky shot.
:)

You must have spent days then Aqua, you got seven beauties right there!

Those Taiwan bees are magnificent Victor, the white tail fanning in contrast to the black of the body looks fantastic!
I'm a complete philistine when it comes to shrimp but even I can tell they're special :thumbup:

I shudder to think of the price though... :D

Yup they will look much better when fully growns up. This is the Taiwan Bee - Panda.
They are very pricey so i only have a smaller group. :D But looks awesome on their colors.
How the hell people breed and select lines like this?

viktorlantos said:

By breeding thousands. In my small space i can ge only few hundred at a time. Now I have some SSS to grow. Let see how many of them will turn good specimens.

shrimp1.jpg

I read a few months back how the guy made this strain. I think he was Swedish. But it involved all the various different strains of tiger shrimp, selective breeding and patience. Which by looking at the prices of these strains online wouldn't be cheap. I would love to try something like this at some point.

nayr88 said:
A job well done

There stunning, too thread this, very cool.

Stunning they are indeed. Only that from a distance will be difficult to notice their colours like with the CRS. I prefer CRS because their colours are clearly visible from far away.

Aquadream said:
viktorlantos said:

By breeding thousands. In my small space i can ge only few hundred at a time. Now I have some SSS to grow. Let see how many of them will turn good specimens.

I think I saw a Chris Lukhuap interview with some breeder who claimed that the taiwan bee strains came from keeping multiple species of caridina in the same tank resulting in lots of mutations. Beautiful shrimp. My favourite are the blue bolt.

logi-cat said:
Hi, I was wondering what shrimp(s) do people keep or want to keep in their aquarium.

Amano and blue pearl. Will probably go for crystals (again) for my next shrimp tank.

Hi all, 4 amanos, but I would like to get some cherries, the only thing is I think they are a bit small for my tank, I have an Angel which is growing a bit large,but then I could get rid.

10 CRS and 2 Japonica.

The CRS look so small against the Japonica Shrimp.

LP

2000 x RCS Var. Red. (Standard, Sakura and Red Fire)
40 x RCS Var. Orange
10 x RCS Var. Yellow
5 x Rili
30 x CRS Grade B - SS (+ lots of new babies)
15 X CBS Grade B (+ lots of new babies)
2 x Amano
10 x Taiwan Blues
2 x Wood shrimp - female berried.

easerthegeezer said:
These arent my shrimp but thought they deserve a wider audience :lol: (someone else had asked to repost and they were ok with it...

Currently just have RCS and amano

shrimp2.jpg

Wish i could afford these.. or have the skills to keep them alive!

Those are Nick's pictures. :lol:

I have a few humble shrimp. I do not own a lens like the one above. This is the best I can do with a point and shoot.
TaiwansOct20.jpg

TaiwansOct18.jpg

Hide and seek is fun. F1 mitchling on the left.
TaiwansOct4.jpg

Blue bolt.
TaiwansOct3.jpg

Currently have
3 Taiwan King kong
3 Blue bolts
4 panda
6 F1 mitchlings.
CRS grades S-SSS+
CBS S-SSS

Back