• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Evil genius ... of the space saving paintball kind.

idris

Paintball CO2 tanks are, as far as I can tell, about the most compact way to have a pressurised system. But They're going to need filling reasonably often. So here's a thought ...

If you've got room in a garage for a larger cylinder but not under your aquarium, how about having both and filling the paintball cylinders from a bigger bottle?

(I'm expecting this idea to be blown out of the water, but I thought I'd float it out there amongst the experts.)

its how we do it at the paintball centre, have the lk size co2 bottles, and fill the small tanks of them :)

(m_attt - I was hoping you'd spot my question. ;) )
What hardware do you need to fill small bottles from large bottles? Do you need two regulators?

just a co2 fill rig, will have a look in a mo and see if can buy them, ours looks a bit home made, its basically two taps in-line.

to fill

screw paintball tank on, open tap to vent co2 so bottle is empty, put on scales and zero them

open tap closest to big bottle so bottle starts to fill

when it slows turn it off, and turn second tap to rapidly vent the bottle for a second or two to chill it down

then carry on filling untill it gets to about 600g

taps off, unscrew bottle few turns, open tap to vent pressure and unscrew

EDIT: yes like the link above, but £70 :wideyed: , i will take a photo when im at work next, im sure could knock it up from a plumbers place for next to nothing

Back