• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spammers!!!

Seeee

5284e88c-95ee-3f9f.jpg

Attachments

• 5284e88c-95ee-3f9f.jpg
    5284e88c-95ee-3f9f.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 5284e88c-95ee-3f9f.jpg
    5284e88c-95ee-3f9f.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 80
Sorry, all. I'm no expert but I believe they're actually real people setting up accounts so unfortunately there's little we can do at the moment.

I'll look into other registration methods. Meanwhile hopefully the mods will be more active and delete their accounts. I've deleted a dozen in the last 48hrs our so.

On some forums I've joined you have to wait for a moderator to approve your account before you can Post, could be worth considering.
I know obviously that you can tell a spammer by user name but maybe by other parts of the registration form maybe a tell us about yourself box haha they'd drop them selfs right in it with the way they word things

The more active & bigger the forum gets the more spammers you get.

The spammers use different cloaking methods - hiding the links discreetly, so that you won't spot it if you do not look carefully, perhaps it is in the upper right corner or another trick used by human spammers - they register make a post then come back two weeks later & edit their post with spam links.

Automated spammers - you can ban the suckers as fast as you can but, they come back!
They are robotized scripts that look for weaknesses in forum platforms (there are not that many and the vulnerabilities are known) to automatically do this kind of thing....

There is a new piece of software available for forums to help identify and ban spammers. It works by working with a global blacklist generated from lots of forums around the world.

Having active staff is the best method to keep the forum clean!

I should WEEELLLL me a mod haha
Work nights and on the forum between 10-6am
Plus ive never broken a rule.... :) ok maybe a couple

You have a very good point mate, all forums need enthusiastic staff that spend time on the forum & ideally visit every day. :)
Of course as staff are voluntary workers nobody can expect anything from them & rightly so as this is all meant to be fun.
To be honest this forum appears to operate very smoothly with very few arguments & only the occasional spam issues.
I do think it would be nice if more folk welcomed new members & its a shame the non plants keeping threads are not more active but those are purely personal point of view.

There should be a spam team!!! Haha
When I was more active posting I would say hello to many new members, and something Im going to get back to now you've mentioned it :) and I agree, I wouldnt expect a single penny for spending time on thenforu
Like I always do haha

We need a spam team!
A

Back