• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

bubles in tank

MrLarner

in my new 60litre setup i was running a d.i.y c02, it wasnt producing much c02 so i added more sugar to the bottle (advised by someone to do so)...
since doing this, i have noticed alot of tiny c02 bubbles drifting around the tank.
is this safe for the fish? none of my fish are gasping for air and are all swimming mid tank, so i know their not starved of air, but just wondered if it was correct for there to be lots of tiny c02 bubbles flying around the tank?

Hi, Having lots of co2 bubbles blowing around the tank is perfectly normal. I use pressurized co2 from a canister and the diffuser produces tiny bubbles which get blown all around the tank. The bubbles wont affect the fish in any way so don't worry. Have you got a drop checker in your tank to check how much co2 you have? If not then they are worth getting.

when you say a drop checker, what is that and how does it work?
i have a bubble counter which is outside the tank, but i doubt thats what your talking about.
if it is, its producing about 3 bubbles every 2 seconds.
so just over a bubble a second.
and im using a wooden airstone inside the tank and its producing loads of tiny bubbles all around my tank.

Back