• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

maidenhead tanks

ashcarter89

hi guys , i went to maidenhead aquatics last night and saw there new range of cabnets and tanks. and really like the cabnet . but looking at the tank itself and it looks like it has a top coveriong the whole think with a sliding door ??? this would be very impractical to do anything. has anyone else had a look at these tanks and can anyone please shed some light on whether or not you belive they will be any good for aquascaping ????

many thanks

Not sure about their new range, but I got an optiglass custom made tank from them & suspect it's the same scenario.

My tank plan is 97cm x 37cm.
The top: There is about a 3" glass trim to the perimeter, leaving a central "hole" to get into the tank. This has 2 sliding glass pieces. these can be removed completely so you can get into the tank to scape.

Basically, if the plan area is 97x37, the "hole" is about 75/80cm x 25cm - big enough to get most thinks in. I take it you would be getting a hood? - doesn't look very attractive with all the galss / sealant exposed

I can post a pic later if you're interested / can't understand my ramblings!

If this isn't the design of the new range, then apologies & please ignore!

no you are right and yes there will be a hood for it. Thats ok then , i was just being on the safe side because i didnt want to buy this to find out that it would be useless for what i actually wanted it for.

could you post me a pic of your tank though please as i would like to see the top

many thanks

Maidenhead can get the tank custom made without bracing if you ask them, although it does cost a bit more.

Back