• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Antlers Shmantlers... (Recovering, new inhabitants)

Piece-of-fish

Hello, just to say I have not dissapeared from the scene. Just posting a little less now.
Somethingnew.jpg

No more info for now. I am lazy... :D
Water changes take too much time.
Scape is aboutt 5 weeks old and growing well now.

Re: New Scape, a little teaser...

Hehe, What do you mean different? Is the wood a bit too big? :lol:
I like this style.

different in the way of the 'in tank' 2 pieces of wood and out of the top is the gnarly bits. It would be nice to see a FTS without the wood out of the top of the tank.

so you need to get the camera out again lol!

Well i see this tank as a whole contemporary addition to the room with sexy glass, cabinet, lights etc. Same as was vivarium nano setup in Holand. FTS might not do it justice but will still look 'ok'
Here is one more random shot of Tropicas new plant Hygrophila uraguaya:
somethingnew2.jpg

All I would do is decorate the branches as a Christmas tree in december and put little santa in :D

Re: AntlersShmantlers... (Pearling Hydrocotyle)

Lovely pictures and such a nice plant, grows like a weed though :)

You should update this one, people loved this tank at Aquatics Live and the wood sticking out the top gave it a little edge where some people loved it and others were not too sure. another nice thank Ed :)

Thanks Paulo, I forgot I wanted to tell people after the trim to check the journal for the progress. How it grows back :(
Nothing to update now. The tanks is looking like a bold l man going to the army :) Love alternanthera, such a deep red and very fresh rotala green. Hygrophila Araguaya started to grow very big and strong. It was not even planted into the substrate. I have just 'tweezed' it in between wood and rock.
Will probably update around Christmas time.

Equipment info:
Tank: Optiwhite 60x30x36
Lights: Arcadia 4x24w running 2 tubes for 5-6 hours now.
Filter: JBL CristalProfi e700 with Aquasys glass lilies, angles and the rest of sexy staff.
Using glass diffusers on both tanks, like how they look. Cheap ones from ebay.
Substrate, Akadama fine with some osmocote.
Fertilizing routine EI
External heater on at 23c.

That is about it. Will add some fish and shrimp shortly.

So, the tank is recovering after the show. Snail outbreak, need to fish out few Helenas from the office.
Most definitely transportation and freezing water killed the filter. Diatoms all over.
Everything coming back great exept braziliensis. I am starting to think that fertile soil is absolutely necessary for it to grow well. Mark your comment on that one?
Tank is housing about 20 Blue pearl shrimp and 10 green neons.

dirty.jpg

dirty2.jpg

Photoperiod is 6 hours of 48w T5
:thumbup:

Back