• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where do you guys buy / get your twigly bits of wood ?

lil-lynx

As above , im looking for twigly bits of wood , was wondering where you guys get yours.

AquaEssentials.co.uk and thegreenmachineonline.com sell wood pieces where you can individually see the actual piece along with a measuring tape to get a sense of size.

My nearest Maidenhead aquatics has a big range of wood (Guildford).

I think Sumatra or redmoor is the twigly type wood.

Tom Bar sells good quality wood, usually I order a whole box, select the best pieces and sell the rest.

I you are after a small amount then aquaessentials and TGM are good points of call.

Hi all,
If you want to collect "twiggy wood", Beech (Fagus sylvatica) is very good, although it won't last as long as Tom's Manzanita wood or heather etc. I've just cut a branch about the right size in the winter and used it "as is" with the bark on. These aren't mine, but you can get the idea.

discus001.jpg

from <http://www.fishtankforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4927>

cheers Darrel

I have received some heather wood from Darrel and very good wood, interesting colours and very twisty.

The best is that it is native to the UK, so great choice if you live near the woods, or mountains, no sure where it grows. :)

I've collected alder. It's brittle, so not the best. Has a lovely reddy colour though.

Back