• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Wonderful journal and a very impressive tank. So nice of you to share it all so thoroughly!

fandango said:
Wonderful journal and a very impressive tank. So nice of you to share it all so thoroughly!

Thanks mate :thumbup: just doing my bit.

ianho said:
Thats gonna need some trimming when it gets going properly.

I a few days i reckon. Unlike before, i'm going to be brutal on it. The high shrimp numbers, seem to keep it spotless. No die back at all....Yet.

The E vesuvius is spreading out runners! I didn't realise it did this :oops: I think this could be a brute too.

Mark Evans said:
The E vesuvius is spreading out runners! I didn't realise it did this :oops: I think this could be a brute too.

It will produce air-runners as well which look kind of cool until the plant-lets get too big, but I´m sure you´ll manage it :thumbup:

Jur4ik said:
It will produce air-runners as well which look kind of cool until the plant-lets get too big, but I´m sure you´ll manage it

That's what they're producing! I'll cut them off.

The glosso has finally started to show runners. I was wondering if it was doing anything at all.

The HM looks fab. usually i get a little bit of melt, but it really does look great.

I'm aware this is still early days, and things could still 'crash' but my hopes are high, with lower dosing, less co2, lower light.

Early days for Elos ferts, but I've been dosing these from the off. Purigen is new to me to, and i hope this tank can run quite smoothly. I'll report back in a week or 2 with thumbs up or thumbs down :geek:

Spot the CRS :D

It's the best out of the 3. There's one that's a little beauty. I dont know much about them, so cant say if they're good examples.

crs.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Spot the CRS

Wonderful! Hope they do well there. I tried some CRSs some time ago but they disappeared. Now I think it was due to a very hot summer day and temperature rising above +30. I may be mistaken but I think they are very sensitive to hot temperature spikes. Of course it could have been something else.

Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

I don't run heaters on my tanks, so I shouldn't fry them(averages about 22c). The last few tanks I've done, my shrimp have been the happiest they've ever been...maybe because the co2 is lower than in the past.

Cheers Mark, the photos are again freakin' cool :D You make me mad with this. ;)

On Purigen, the factory recommendation is not right. They say that 100mg is for 400L.
We always recommend 100mg for 100L. This way the medium will work nicely. Even with an optiwhite tank the clearing will be very effective. And the medium will not get dirt shortly like with the factory offering. So you can regenerate every 3-4 months or so then.

viktorlantos said:
On Purigen, the factory recommendation is not right. They say that 100mg is for 400L.
We always recommend 100mg for 100L. This way the medium will work nicely. Even with an optiwhite tank the clearing will be very effective. And the medium will not get dirt shortly like with the factory offering. So you can regenerate every 3-4 months or so then.

Cheers Viktor. I did wonder if the info from seachem was right.

The one bag, cleared a little, but 2 was great. I think i'll get 2 more bags when i can. After seeing Ianh's water clarity, i thought 'i have to get me some of that!'

thats interesting Viktor and he looks like a good little specimen Mark. You need to get some more now, they look great in larger amounts.

On the CRS shrimp i had very good success with CRS in a planted tank on this grade.

We dosed based on the EI regime, added easy carbo and pressurized CO2 too. The shrimps got breed nicely.
Fert and nitrate does not matter in a tank like this as the filtration is super effective compare to a shrimp tank. We kept them even with 25-30mg Nitrate.

CO2 help with these shrimps a lot as keeps the pH stable. And the cooler water temp will also help.

If you add in a few more i am sure shortly you will see lots of shrimplets. :thumbup:

It'd be nice if they bred.

Here's one of the others. Anyone know what grade they are?

crs2.jpg

yeah would have to agree, with the broadness of the red stripe around the torso. The moss is looking good mate.

As their colors are not transparent and their stripes has sharp edges they are S grades
http://www.planetinverts.com/crystal%20 ... guide.html

But they are not S+ because they are not V band or Tigertooth.

Still very good one and i have to tell you with more light and in this condition they will show the best color. Will look awesome when it gets bigger as it already looks nice :)

I agree with Viktor, S grade from my knowledge as the colours are solid. Unusual choice for you Mark but I think they look great in there. Can't go wrong with a complementary red and green combo. I've noticed in a few of the newer ADA tanks they use CRS. How many have you got in there?

I´m not sure but for me it looks like a little Tiger Tooth ..
Mark, can you give us a bigger shot on this please?

Mark,

Would you mind sharing some of your images EXIF information or version of images containing this info. Both for close-ups and in-situ shots. I wanted to compare this to what I'm currently using and see how I can improve the quality or maybe find out that it is a limitation of my EOS550D + kit / 50mm lenses.

Back