• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[CONTEST] UKAPS @ Aquatics Live, Olympia

Thanks George,

I am sure that the plants will be fine, I really like Tropica plants, big fan. :) The fact that they are well rooted and developed is perfect for a quick aquascape.

Looking forward to the event.

Yes, I'm really pleased to be able to attend the event now, after recent events in Libya mean I'm no longer required to be deployed.

James Starr-Marshall and I are now both giving seminars.

James is focusing on aquascaping and I will be talking about modern planted tank methodology.

The UKAPS stand and other organisational details are progressing well and I anticipate a fantastic event, especially for folk into planted tanks and aquascaping!

I hope to see lots of you there, put faces to names and catch up with old friends!

Cheers,
George

Great news George.
Not going to make it, buddy has family coming that weekand. And I would get lost so easily on the trains in all the hustle and bustle.

This is great news indeed :D
The show would not have been the same without George at the helm.

Cheers,
james

Glad you will be there george i am looking forward to meeting you, has anyone decided what hotel they will be stoping in yet as it would be good if there was a ukaps base camp so to speek.
regards ste

fish fingers said:
... has anyone decided what hotel they will be stoping in yet as it would be good if there was a ukaps base camp so to speek.
regards ste
I've had the same problem and asked a few times but no one seems to be staying over :(

Unfortunately UKAPS cannot afford to fund folks' accommodation in London, so you will have to fend for yourselves. There isn't any one hotel or base that folk are staying at.

There may be opportunity to 'crash' somewhere, but I can't make any guarantees. I will speak with the organisers and look into the feasibility of sleeping bags on the UKAPS stand... I suspect with current H&S policy and security issues it won't be viable, but it's worth a try.

George Farmer said:
Unfortunately UKAPS cannot afford to fund folks' accommodation in London, so you will have to fend for yourselves. There isn't any one hotel or base that folk are staying at.

There may be opportunity to 'crash' somewhere, but I can't make any guarantees. I will speak with the organisers and look into the feasibility of sleeping bags on the UKAPS stand... I suspect with current H&S policy and security issues it won't be viable, but it's worth a try.

Good to hear you will be able to make it again George, although I'm sure James would've done a great job too. I'm looking forward to hearing both your talks.

I don't think anyone would've expected UKAPS to be providing accommodation, but I agree with Stu it would be nice to stay in a similar location, if only for cheaper taxi costs :lol: Out of interest who is looking for a place to stay and which days?

On the subject of the kids aquascaping stand, I'll offer to supervise for a slot both days. A rota system would be good :thumbup: I'm no aquascaper, but I imagine the supervision you are requesting is more a h & s kinda thing? Kids + rocks + glass = I must be mad lol j/k

Hello

Sorry!!! i haven't been active on the forum of late, been mental with work and a lot of traveling etc.

I am staying down for the two days and have booked myself into the Holiday Inn at Kensington which aint to far away. I am not on my own, my brother who is a avid Marine Fishkeeper and my Dad a fellow UKAPS member will be with me to.

Really looking forward to the event and talking fish and stuff for 48hrs. :D :geek: Plus putting a few names to faces etc.

Although starting to feel the pressure on the i have to create a scape front! :wideyed: :?

Lisa_Perry75 said:
On the subject of the kids aquascaping stand, I'll offer to supervise for a slot both days. A rota system would be good :thumbup: I'm no aquascaper, but I imagine the supervision you are requesting is more a h & s kinda thing? Kids + rocks + glass = I must be mad lol j/k
Hi Lisa,

That's great! Thanks very much, I will take you up on that offer and really look forward to catching up with you properly soon.

Cheers,
George

andyh said:
Hello

Sorry!!! i haven't been active on the forum of late, been mental with work and a lot of traveling etc.

I am staying down for the two days and have booked myself into the Holiday Inn at Kensington which aint to far away. I am not on my own, my brother who is a avid Marine Fishkeeper and my Dad a fellow UKAPS member will be with me to.

Really looking forward to the event and talking fish and stuff for 48hrs. :D :geek: Plus putting a few names to faces etc.

Although starting to feel the pressure on the i have to create a scape front! :wideyed: :?
Looking forward to meeting you properly, Andy!

Getting excited about the show now! Only downer is i now have a meeting in London on the friday ! Which means Derby to London, London to Derby on Friday and then Saturday Derby to London & London to Derby! Doh!!

Does mean i could pop in and say Hi to the chaps setting up on Friday! But wouldn't want to intrude!

Andy

Totally gutted that I'm not going to make this :( I've been moving house over the last week, and simply can't afford the train fair or even the time! I have far too many possessions, and they all need sorting out!

I hope you all have a great time, and I'm looking forward to photos! :)

Back