• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2 questions - Do people sell plants on UKAPS?

stan1973

As above, I cant see a classifieds section but maybe i'm being blind?

Second question is about easycarbo - whats in it & hod does it work? is it any good?

There's a for sale section which is open after 25 posts that members regularly sell or swap plants etc.

As for easy carbo, it's good. It's a liquid carbon supplemented plants but also has excellent algaecidal properties but you can't beat good old pressurised co2 in my opinion. Liquid carbon can come with some Health worries if you google the stuff.

Just to add. Liquid Carbon works great but contains nasty chemical gluteraldehyde. I would advice you google it, yes yes, to be aware.

Thanks everyone. So id best keep posting then i can look on the for sale section.
I think I'll probably give the glutaraldehyde a miss.

Ahh, you've cast the seed of doubt ed.

Easy carbo is ok to use otherwise they wouldn't sell it,just be aware. Are we scared of bleach....this is dangerous to. Are we scared to cross the road in fear of getting run over? Of course not.

Unless of course we don't posses common sense, then stay clear. :thumbup:

Well :D
Just want people to read about it first. Saying that I use 50% solution to make my own Carbo which should be a no no :) for some people.
According europe law it is forbidden to sell to public. Does not count on eBay :D
Oops, I did not say that :shifty:
I am trying not to use it on daily basis, just for overdosing to kill our enemy.
Hope this helps.

Bleach is properly labelled as dangerous and people are educated as to it's danger and correct application.

IMO the labelling of liquid carbon products is not up to par, therefore I think it is important to inform people, then they can google the data sheet on it and make their own mind up as to whether they use it.

Hi all,
I think conc. "Easy Carbo" should be all right if you are careful not to inhale it or get it on your skin, but I think this is a very valid point.
Bleach is properly labelled as dangerous and people are educated as to it's danger and correct application. IMO the labelling of liquid carbon products is not up to par, therefore I think it is important to inform people, then they can google the data sheet on it and make their own mind up as to whether they use it.
And it would be my suspicion of why the companies haven't tried to sell these glutaraldehyde based products as algaecides, where they would have to under-go the more rigorous "pesticide testing".

Bleach is also "interesting", personally I don't have sodium hypochlorite bleach in the house, mainly because it is a pretty toxic compound, and it is a product which would never pass current Risk Assessment guidelines. <http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947380553>.

cheers Darrel

I agree with Mark, easy carbo, seachem flourish excel etc are safe to use if you follow the instructions set out. i know some folks use these products to tackle algae by concentrated doses in trouble areas, however note of caution if doing this... if you have shrimps or crustacae think of removing these temporarily as high dose of liquid carbon doesnt agree with them. There are many threads on aquatic forums that go into this in much more details so worth reading them

Aside that, gotta give some credit to the manufacturers, they wouldn't put a product out there if it was unsafe for aquatic use.

grathod said:
I agree with Mark, easy carbo, seachem flourish excel etc are safe to use if you follow the instructions set out. i know some folks use these products to tackle algae by concentrated doses in trouble areas, however note of caution if doing this... if you have shrimps or crustacae think of removing these temporarily as high dose of liquid carbon doesnt agree with them. There are many threads on aquatic forums that go into this in much more details so worth reading them

Aside that, gotta give some credit to the manufacturers, they wouldn't put a product out there if it was unsafe for aquatic use.

It is unsafe for you, not for aquatics. Manufacturers care about money not about your health.

Tis true Ed, there have been some libelas (sp) claims on forums, which have been successful.

as for the Carbos, we are right to be a little cautious with it. It is used in the NHS as a cleaning product, and gloves must be warn at all times whilst handling due to its allergic properties.

this is an interesting read...

http://www.gasdetection.com/TECH/glutaraldehyde.html

to be fair, if we are careful and don't drink, sniff or bath in the stuff, all's good.

Should I start making my own brand? :lol: Will make huge amount of money :) 5L bottle will make me 100L of liquid carbon :) Dont do that at home though. I am crazy and poor.
Well I am not scared to be sued because we are not discussing any particular product or brand. Just a chemical.
None of these companies even state that liquid carbon products contain it.

Piece-of-fish said:
Should I start making my own brand? :lol: Will make huge amount of money :) 5L bottle will make me 100L of liquid carbon :) Dont do that at home though. I am crazy and poor.
Well I am not scared to be sued because we are not discussing any particular product or brand. Just a chemical.
None of these companies even state that liquid carbon products contain it.

If its moochos cheapos then yeah get making some ha :thumbup:

Back