• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 @ 1 week old.

ianho said:
Black neon tetras??
Jur4ik said:
black phantoms?

Ady34 said:
penguin tetra

All great choices. I'll look at them all. Orange fish would work best i think...embers etc.

Here's what i mean. In this image, you'll just make out the fish (left corner) There coloured OK, it's just that they done stand out. I do need mid-surface fish.

fish-6.jpg

50 rummys would be more noticeable and they have such great character, youll find theyre first to the surface when feeding time comes! Yours do look in great condition there, the noses are blood red!
Cardinals as i see youve tested are always a great choice, but maybe if your intent on taking the rummys out and want a single species maybe a larger congo tetra shoal would also work well in a tank of this scale with the available mid water swimming area... shrimps though??
I feel that you definitely need something mid to higher water level as you said, as anything red/orange may 'dissappear' into the greens of the plants which are mostly lower level.
Your crystal red shrimp will give you the colour in the lower levels and offer some great accents to the greenery in your exceptional future photographs!
Im sure youll make the right choice, just give yourself some time to consider all the options, with all these suggestions there may be a 'eureka' moment!
Cheerio.

120 x 55 x 55 @ 1 week old.

Keep in mind, bigger tetra will hunt the shrimplets ..

I see what you mean Mark, if it wasn't for the red you really wouldn't know they were there. Embers would be cool, but maybe a little to small, they would look like the red on the rummy's noses.

If you have the money then Galaxy Rasboras would look proper ace in there, a mix of red and black.

Galaxy rasboras are to complex imho. Btw you can get them quite cheap in some shops. In London the price range from 2.50 to about 7 for one.
Maybe little orange river crocodiles or sweet little hyppos? :twisted:

yeah they can be a little complex...i caught a couple doing a cross word once in one of my tanks!lol

Just once? Man they make me money on crosswords :rolleyes:
Come on Mark get something unusual... Terrapins? Amano would be your fan forever :D

how about just getting a duck...

i'll stop spamming your thread now mate!lol

Thats it Mark. You are sorted for a choice :lol:
A piranha, a little orange crocodile, small sexy hyppo, couple terrapins hanging on manzi and a monkey riding a duck 8)
Please apologize for this horrible extravaganza ;) but you have to admit that would be a proper selection...

P.S. Sorry a duck's been reserved already :D
IMG_8883.jpg

Mark

If you haven't done so get in your car and drive over to Wharf Aquatics (Junc 28 of the M1 in Pinxton) they are so well stocked with fish you will be blow away. Many not seen on here, some awesome shoaling fish to be had! I was there just yesterday and they had so many fish i could of bought. Its well worth a trip IMO.

P.s tank is looking great, i would go as far to say its one of my favourite Evans scapes!

Andy

Cheers Mark :angelic: The tank is getting even better. Brilliant shot again.

On the fishes> in my new tank i tried Sawbwa Resplendens now. It's also orange on the head and blue on the body.
If you're lucky and get this in nice color it is a great addition to a scape like this.

Mine is not that blue like i see on many shots but still very nice species.
This is used by many top scapers including the current IAPLC2011 5th placement Stan too.

Thanks ever so much guys. My fish choice is quite poor at times. I need all the help i can get.

These fish really must go. I'm taking images, and they're just not standing out.

Andy, thanks man. I'll take a look if i'm ever that way.

Ed...you been drinking? :lol:

Ian, spam away :lol:

Viktor. cheers my friend. I'll google now. :thumbup:

Juri...you see what we have to put up with in the UK?.... :lol:

Hinch. Thanks mate. i'll investigate these fish to.

Just to reiterate, this shows why they must go. There's nothing wrong with their colour, they just dont blend in, or rather they do blend in...too much o_O

fish-2-1.jpg

On the plant side of things, I've considered taking the HC out, and replacing with Glosso. The glosso is much steadier in it's growth.

The moss is looking great. My greenest yet...even in it's infancy. The crimbo moss has transformed really nicely.

I'm wondering how much of the 'cleanliness' is put down to purigen and phosphate/silicate remover :geek:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 fish have to go.

I can def. see what you mean with your current fish choice.
If you want something more orange in color to contrast the scape:
Saffron Mollies
New color Morph on the Platty - Bumblebee
A Fish that would look spectacular in there would be a group of Orange Sailfin Mollies. Also a great tank cleaner and algae eater.
Glolight Danios

For something different why not try some of the newly available labriynth fish. There are some stunning wild strains of bettas that are group compatable.

Come on Mark, no more harlequins. I understand they are beautiful fish but too much is too much :lol:
Bleeding heart or smaller rosy tetras?

Mark Evans said:
Harlequins seem to be stuck in my head. The normal ones, not espei. :angelic:

TBH I have never understood the appeal of them, strange body shape and markings to me.

Have you seen the new color morphs in danios, they do look interesting. Reds and blues

Back