• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 @ 1 week old.

Lovely tank indeed, just to reinforce whats already been said!

Mark Evans said:
I'm wondering how much of the 'cleanliness' is put down to purigen and phosphate/silicate remover :geek:
I was wondering your thoughts as to the effectiveness of Purigen? Have you used it before? How does it rate against standard charcoal?

Thanks for sharing such lovely pictures :thumbup:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 fish have to go.

I can reccommend rosy tetras as piece of fish also suggested. I have them in my 60 cm and they are beautiful with the rosy colored body and large red and black fins with white markings. However, they're are not the best schooling fishes...

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 fish have to go.

Seriously guys, Thanks for your fishy input :thumbup: It's given me plenty to think about.

I've just carried out a large water change. It takes a while on this tank, but i enjoy it.

Pretty soon, it'll be trim time for many of the plants. Hc mainly along with vesuvius runners.

With a lower water level, the wall illuminates much better, gibing an open feel. This will be the look i aim for, for the final images. Maybe with a touch of blue :angelic:

waterchange1.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Water changing and trimming.

I always enjoyed those "from the top" shots if the water level is lowered like in this image - this makes the tank look more shallow and bigger than it actually is. Maybe you could make one during the next WC? ;)

I've just taken some images with flash. What a difference. The fish really stand out. :wideyed:

Dilemma...what to do.

On a side note, my e tennellus is turning red which is nice.

Keep em.... add more.... get a contrasting (colour wise) mid/top water level shoaler!! :thumbup:
With the style and layout of this tank splitting the fish into layers of activity will look great and only enhance the visuals!

Rummys are nice looking fish, im sure when your sat at home admiring this scape developing you can see the rummys just fine. With your flash enhancing them now for photos the jobs a good un! Theyll be a bugger to catch anyway so stick with them i say.
Mine havnt been nibbling any more shrimp either so i now suspect the shrimp they ate the other day may have been weak and therefore presented an easy picking.
Ady.

ianho said:
lets see the pics then! lol

Awww...i deleted them :lol:

Ady34 said:
Keep em.... add more.... get a contrasting (colour wise) mid/top water level shoaler!!
With the style and layout of this tank splitting the fish into layers of activity will look great and only enhance the visuals!

Rummys are nice looking fish, im sure when your sat at home admiring this scape developing you can see the rummys just fine. With your flash enhancing them now for photos the jobs a good un! Theyll be a bugger to catch anyway so stick with them i say.
Mine havnt been nibbling any more shrimp either so i now suspect the shrimp they ate the other day may have been weak and therefore presented an easy picking.
Ady.

Thanks for the post Ady. i always like reading your comments :thumbup:

Fish choice for a scape is always a hard choice to make. One persons Ugly fish is another person favourite. And as the Scape grows and evolves over time, so does how fish look within it.

A small update.

I've bought some fish today (Ian twisted my arm) I've added some gouramis (natural variety) They look fantastic. Understated but classy.

I also bought 6 harlequins, just to see the difference between those and the rummys. harlys win. Along with the fish, i acquired 12 amano shrimp.

Here's the E vesuvius giving birth. These damn runners are sprouting from everywhere.

ves2.jpg

ves3.jpg

you can see the runners at the back left

ves1.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 E. Vesuvius sprouting

wow that E vesuvius really is taking off mate! It looks really good at the back.

as for the fish, the wild coloured Honey gouramis will look ace in this scape. I see what you mean about the Harlequins, they do stand out more so than the Rummy's.

Which shop did you go to? Can I have a contact number to ban you for future harlequin purchases please :shifty:

Natural Honey Gouramis Look Stunning when in breeding Colors. Such a Deep Burnt Sienna Color

This is looking fantastic Mark and the rock layout is great!
I am currently starting a new tank and I have had 3 days now of moving rocks about and I still don't think I have it right!
This is my first tank with rocks so I have great admiration for your layout after realizing just how tricky it is to get every peace just right and show each rock off to its best.

I am hoping that there will be some scapes at Olympia on Saturday to give me some ideas...

Back