• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[CONTEST] UKAPS @ Aquatics Live, Olympia

Love the Pix posted so far on FB.
George the stand looks aswesome, and shows your dedication to UKAPS :)

SteveUK said:
Totally gutted that I'm not going to make this :( I've been moving house over the last week, and simply can't afford the train fair or even the time! I have far too many possessions, and they all need sorting out!

I hope you all have a great time, and I'm looking forward to photos! :)

Sorry you can't make it Steve, would have been great to catch up.

The ukaps stand and the whole show was taking shape really well when I was in there this morning. Unfortunately i had to leave early to deal with a minor emergency, but I've spoken with George, and the ukaps stand is all setup,with three mature display tanks running, plus a couple of tanks that will be scaped over the weekend. Theres also the ten dennerle tanks set up, each on their own pedestal, for the aquascaping competition, and then a couple of further tanks in the Aquascaping Zone, for visitors to have a go.

Its going to be a great weekend there, so if you're able to go then please do so. Hope to see some of you there :)

Tony

I'll be turning up before 12, have to take my 3 year old with me, so with the train issues it will be a struggle to get there before 11. :(

The kid will help me scape, we choose the rocks today. :)

Really looking forward to the show.

The contest was cool. Am now regretting not taking up the offer of having a go at the spare tank. Went home on the bus suddenly full of scaping ideas. Of course that meant I immediately started ripping up my two tanks (well, tweaking at least). Best of luck to all, look forward to hearing the result of comp. Dan, thanks for the spare gravel mate. Shall put it to use in a mini-rescape on my main tank tomorrow.

I was last, but had to compete against some of the best aquascapers in the uk. :) great experience!

Stu's won, cracking scape, and Tom's was second.

This has been one o the best weekends I've had, amazing learning experience, great presentations, managed to have a chat with Heiko about biotopes (how fricking cool is that!!!!) and spent some time with fellow hobbyists.

Well done to UKAPS for putting this experience up for us, the aquascaping comp and the stand were superb.

Well I came second to last which is cool. I'm defiantly going to try again next year if I get voted in.

Well done stu and Tom your scrapes were awesome! Very impressive.

What an experience. I've never done anything like that before so a big thanks to dan, George and all the sponsors.

Anyone that missed it should get involved next time around, well worth it.

Tom I hope you didn't break your back on the tube lugging the tank around haha

No doubt we'll be seeing some new 60l journals in the next few weeks:)

And I feel for you guys driving back up north it took me bloody ages to get on the m25 !!

Well done all, all of the tanks were amazing yesterday when I was there. I would love to do something like that. Maybe next time people with less experience could get the chance to enter. Maybe whoever wants to enter has their name pulled out of a hat and those people could get the chance. Just a suggestion.
Cheers

Just go back from the show, what an experience, very tiring 3 days but well worth it, looking forward to the next one ;) but now need a day off work for a rest lol

Matty1983 said:
Well done all, all of the tanks were amazing yesterday when I was there. I would love to do something like that. Maybe next time people with less experience could get the chance to enter. Maybe whoever wants to enter has their name pulled out of a hat and those people could get the chance. Just a suggestion.
Cheers

I think that the contest was open to all, experienced and not. :) you just had to post a scape and then it would get chosen by the forum.

It was indeed an amazing experience, I been to vivarium and tothe one in aarhus, but aquatics live was a blast, really liked it.

Looking forward to next year.

Back