• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Lighting and photographs.

The HD quality is amazing. I wish the movies I watched look that good.

cheers guys :)

Ady34 said:
if you can attribute your water clarity to the purigen you use? I think i noted also that you run your filters with activated carbon, is this only in the early stages or is it a constant also?

Purigen has helped me loads. The clearest water I've had in a tank.

I'll do a full tank video with the filter on. To be honest, not a lot happens within the tank. very little swaying of plants etc, as i just use 1 JBL filter with glass lillys. I'm steering away from the 'high flow' theory.

clonitza said:
You should've stripped the last part with the hose.

A sense of realism :thumbup: thats why i left it in.

120 x 55 x 55 Lighting and photographs.

You are surely breaking away with many beliefs, first was the short light period (which I've tried and amazing improvement) and now with low flow. The beauty is that you have an amazing scape as proof!! :)

You are a godsend to the aquascaping hobby! And the icing on the cake are you photography skills, second to none.

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

Mark Evans said:
clonitza said:
You should've stripped the last part with the hose.

A sense of realism :thumbup: thats why i left it in.

Spot on.. :)

I was lost on the video, enjoying the music and marvelling at the fish swimming, the close up of the otos and the moss, then WHAM!! The hose came into view and I was snapped out of it. It is still a working tank, young at 2 weeks, yet mesmerising as it is now. One can only push forward so much on our imagination to be able to see where the tank is going, but it is already such a piece of art and beauty that captivates and locks us on it's embrace.

A 15 minute production of this tank would be an amazing, set it on loop and just immerse myself on it's beauty.

Really good work Mark, amazing.

Guys, your all so kind. Thanks :thumbup:

Thanks Luis. I'll do an update at maybe 4 weeks with an extended play vid. This vid was half hearted and spare of the moment stuff really, but i'll do better with back lighting and stuff in the next one.

Again, thanks everyone. 8)

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 new video added

Very relaxing video, Mark. I'm specially impressed by the water clarity...

Have you considered adding some apistos, maybe apistogramma borelli? I think they would look great in the scape.

And influence all uk :lol:
To use less lighting for example. Which is very good in my opinion.
And damn expensive purigen.

Apistos are a no no with shrimp ;) as someone mentioned to add those earlier.

Piece-of-fish said:
And influence all uk :lol:
To use less lighting for example. Which is very good in my opinion.
And damn expensive purigen.

Apistos are a no no with shrimp ;) as someone mentioned to add those earlier.

Does Mark have other shrimps than amanos? Amanos are rather big so I don't think the apistos will eat them if they're fully grown... But I can see the problem if he has smaller shrimps...

Piece-of-fish said:
He has got cherries and some quite high grade crystals ;)
Aha, ok. Then it's not smart to add apistos unless he's tired of his expensive shrimp. :D

Yeah, Eds right. I've got some really nice shrimp in this set up which i really dont want to lose.

Tony Swinney said:
Mark, you inspire us all to make both our scapes and our pics/vids better, and that is an amazing skill

Cheers T. Especially coming from the master himself :thumbup:

Vito said:
where are the lilly pipes from?

Hi Vito. I've go them from Aquasys. (Jur4ik) on the forum. They're great.

JEK said:
I'm specially impressed by the water clarity...

It's quite clear. I put it down to Purigen :thumbup:

I've been away for a few days, so it's been left to it's own devices. Everything is cool on my return. The HM is going rampant at the back. The HC is really hugging the substrate, which is nice.

hc-4.jpg

Back