• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re: First Journal - Iwagumi

I liked the 1st layout somewhat if you had of placed the blyxa behind the rocks instead of along the back it could of looked neat. But, I really like the 2nd layout and the 8 days growth looks good, nice boost in colour too. :thumbup:

I can see you have done some research and look armed and dangerous. Cat litter, ferts, EC and low light. I think your going to have fun with that tank. ;)

Just looked again at the pics and noticed you moving the internal filters around. I think that circluar flow pattern in the day 8 shot might work well until you grab your external.

spyder said:
I liked the 1st layout somewhat if you had of placed the blyxa behind the rocks instead of along the back it could of looked neat. But, I really like the 2nd layout and the 8 days growth looks good, nice boost in colour too. :thumbup:

I can see you have done some research and look armed and dangerous. Cat litter, ferts, EC and low light. I think your going to have fun with that tank. ;)

Just looked again at the pics and noticed you moving the internal filters around. I think that circluar flow pattern in the day 8 shot might work well until you grab your external.

Cheers bud, my other half preferred the 1st layout, i quite like this one. Agreed on the blyxa though, it never initially crossed my mind because i received so much so the obvious place at the time was at the rear but looking back now i certainly could have planted it in a much better way.

The scape got a little flattened through pure laziness aswell and i was getting a little bored of the scape hence the reason for the rescape.

The growth wasn't expected, i know it isn't massive but for low light i thought it wasn't to bad for 8 days lol. Your right with the flow, the filters are positioned well enough to get every single plant moving :). the external is on my list of things to get when i get round to it. I just need to get round to it being the problem lol ;)

Haha, to the research, yes i do alot but ive also had my share of failings also over the past few years. I wanted a HC carpet in this to compliment the scape but with such low light and just EC i dont think it will take off nor look good enough to keep me happy. I have contemplated changing the lighting to a 2x 24w pendant and using my old JBL reg?. I will let this fill out a little for a couple weeks and then decide if i'm going the higher tech route.

Thanks for the comments :)

Hi, tank is looking nice. That is pagoda rock btw, not dragon

Cheers mate but are you sure on the rock?, this was purchased originally from AE as dragon stone (not by me). The images of pagoda that ive gotten up from google and AE dont resemble this rock in the slightest.

First Journal - Iwagumi

Nice stones, but yes, not dragon stone. :) dragon stone is almost yellow, that looks grey. Also dragon stone has lots of holes, that has ridges and sulks.

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

Looks like mini landscape rock to me ;) sometimes they are not as bluish as they can be.

Again the first layout was better, the second one will get "eaten" by the plants quickly.

To prevent the sand flattening, cut some clear plastic strips, and fix them into the substrate up the slope, that will prevent the substrate from flattening ;)

Its pagoda guys or i will eat my shirt :lol: 100% sure. It does look similar to mini ladscape.

Piece-of-fish said:
Its pagoda guys or i will eat my shirt :lol: 100% sure. It does look similar to mini ladscape.
Ok fair enough, not very good pagoda then :p

Thankyou for the comments guys, nice to have a bit of input, i will see how this goes. There could be the potential for the rocks to be swamped but well kept i'm hoping it will be to a minimum. If not it will be scaping time again ;) :thumbup:

Piece-of-fish said:

Im still really not convinced bud, i thought pagoda rock looked like a lot of thin layers stacked on top of each other?, i have to agree with whoever mentioned the mini landscape rock. Looking a bit more at dragon stone i can clearly see it's not that but im really not sure it is pagoda either?.

PoF, do you have any pics you can post to compare please?.

Thanks again guys :thumbup:

Pagoda could be different from different shops. I have 2 types myself. One is with thin layers and the other one looks like yours.

Piece-of-fish said:
Pagoda could be different from different shops. I have 2 types myself. One is with thin layers and the other one looks like yours.

Are you sure the one that looks like mine is pagoda then?, and wasn't labeled incorrectly. I'm not trying to dismiss what your saying but from every image of pagoda i have pulled up, the rock looks nothing like what i have?.

I'm just not sure how pagoda can look different from different shops?, if pagoda is pagoda then surely it only has one type of look, the only difference being a slight colour variation and not a different form?.

A picture would be nice though mate just for my own curiosity to what yours looks like :thumbup:

Back