• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FE reg and gauge question please

durtydurty

Have just connected up my freshly refilled FE to my reg and one gauge flies upto 60 bar and the other one upto 3 bar,

Now I assume that the 56 bar is the overall bottle pressure and the other gauge is ??

My query is the gauge with the smaller reading has dropped from over 3 bar to closer to 2 bar over night pretty much.

Do I have a leak somewhere or am I worrying unnecessarily ?

45e0a207.jpg

The gauge with the lower reading is your working pressure. Its showing you the pressure in your hoses and what ever diffuser you are using. 2 bar will run any atomizer and is a good setting. strange its dropped, but as long as it has a reading and does not drop further i would not worry.

If it does drop it means theres something wrong with you regulator. what type of diffuser are you using.

if your working pressure drops too low your up atomizer wont work, i think it needs at lest 1.5 bar to work. you should change to co2 hosing as soon as you can. Its not an immediate problem but the co2 and water mix creating an acid, which eats away at your hose causing leaks. I think and i might be wrong (although i did it my self) that as long as you use co2 where gas and water mix stranded hose should be ok.

durtydurty said:
A inline up one, also think my tubing isnt actual CO2 tubing and just airline.

Will this make a difference?

Hi

The co2 gas attacks the properties of airline tubing - you should be using Co2 tubing its stiffer than airline tubing.

As for your reg the bottom gauge is bottle pressure and the top gauge is line pressure, the line pressure will reduce when the reg is on and line pressure can drop below 2 bar, mine it at 1.5 bar when switched on. The more bps the lesser the line pressure and vice versa - nothing to worry about.

Regards
paul.

it might rise i don't think mine does might depend on the quality of the regulator. if it does or does not i wouldn't worry. co2 is inert it's the acid co2 and h2o make that attacks the plastic.

I've just checked mine now - 1.5 bar switch off and I will check tomorrow when its switch on, i would estimate it will be under 1 bar as I am running at 6 bps.

Regards
paul

danmil3s said:
co2 is inert it's the acid co2 and h2o make that attacks the plastic.

So if anybody is using an up atomiser, bubble counter, Dennerle Co2 ladder system or any other plastic product the Co2 gas will damage it o_O

Regards
Paul

Back