• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New TMC Mini LED 400

It is cool but pricey if you want dimming feature otherwise you may be giving too much light. Unit 65, Bracket 20, Controller 65. My understanding was dimming will be build in but TMC idiots made it through controller to milk money. But nice light though.

I just received our cargo of TMC and installed one over a 30C. Luckily I have this light suspended because it packs a massive punch. Sorry for the poor quality iPhone photo.

photoTMC-NanoLED-400.jpg

Wow! Might get one then. I have currently 2 x 24 w over a 100l tank, and more than enough light for me. Would try these if they compare, two units, then get the controller.

The larger ones are still too expensive for me to justify them.

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

Did you hook yours up to the controller? I only assume this due to the intensity level, just wanted to be sure.

Vyncenze said:
http://coventryaquatics.com/marine-ghl-profilux-ghlledcontrol1dimmingcontrolfortmcaquaraytile-p-378.html?osCsid=cbae4f3bf10602a39c29edbbb1b50ffe

Cheaper than an aquaray controller anyway...

I do not see how does it work. I do not see display to set intensity or potentiometer to do it manually. Does it require additional power supply or is it integrated as with aquaray? I think it needs additional GHL unit to do the actual controll. In that case it is useless.

It is not that cheap if you want to connect 2 aquarays then it costs same as from TMC

Radik said:
Vyncenze said:
http://coventryaquatics.com/marine-ghl-profilux-ghlledcontrol1dimmingcontrolfortmcaquaraytile-p-378.html?osCsid=cbae4f3bf10602a39c29edbbb1b50ffe

Cheaper than an aquaray controller anyway...

I do not see how does it work. I do not see display to set intensity or potentiometer to do it manually. Does it require additional power supply or is it integrated as with aquaray? I think it needs additional GHL unit to do the actual controll. In that case it is useless.

It is not that cheap if you want to connect 2 aquarays then it costs same as from TMC

Yeah I don't really know what the score is with them, I just know they can replace the controller. I would imagine you still need a power supply, but didn't that used to be the case with a Tmc controller too? I have seen them very cheap on eBay in the past, but I can't comment on whether they're worth buying.

So after being impressed with them after seeing them in the flesh and being in a slightly drunken state after my work xmas do this afternoon. I've just taken the plunge on buying one of these as someone has them on ebay for £55 with free postage (its is Christmas after all):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TMC-Solid-Sta ... 1c22246f5a

I've also ordered the mount, so now I'm left on the controller to dim the light as it as it seems from reading this thread it will be far too bright for my 20l Dennerle (although obviously it is pretty deep).

So I'd rather not have to stump up £65 for the TMC one and I can't get that earlier link to Coventry Aquatics to work

Does anyone know of any cheap dimming control?

It might be better/cheaper to hang it from higher above the tank.

Best Regards,
John

The controllers come up quite often on E-Bay second hand. That's where i got mine from, from memory i think i paid £36 + P+P might be worth keeping an eye on the used Aquaray listings.

Stu.

Thanks guys, will see when it comes - may just DIY something to hang it from if I need to... But saved search on ebay is go!

I too have taken the jump into the brave new world of LED lighting- thanks to a tax rebate! ;) I've bought the MiniLED 400 light tile, Aquaray controller and the wrong Mountaray bracket! :(

I bought the Mountaray double pack as it was the only one in stock, however, it doesn't come with the necessary equipment to attach the light tile (should have better RTFM!) So the light's just sitting on the cover glass for now. Despite this, the spread and penetration seem OK at 50% power (I have a 38*38*43 Dennerle Nano Cube 60 litre).

As has been said before, the shimmer is 'nuts'! I've had to use an extension so my filter outlet (JBL fishtail) is further down from the water surface. Now it's much better- I'm not getting a headache any more and I think it will pass 'the girlfriend test'

The light is appreciably different with much more shadow and clarity (I think). I like it. Even the my tiny dwarf corys have shadows, which show down through the first few centimetres of substrate. Also the light 'spills' much less above and around the tank.

I wonder if anyone else is bothering like me to have the light at 1% rather than completely off outside of the photoperiod.

So I got it today from Eboeagles. Thanks man! IT is OK but somehow XP-G CREE have better color for me eyes. These are Osram LED inside.

Another thing is I might get alternative bracket, some bended aluminum as light is too much in front over 30cm cube with TMC bracket. Over 60L cube it will be in the middle.

I have not figured out yet if it is possible to slide tile slightly backward.

Also does not look any brighter comparing to my DIY 4x XP-G fixture so I think it can be run at full over 30cm cube. Will borrow PAR meter from Luis and post results here maybe next week.

Radik said:
So I got it today from Eboeagles. Thanks man!

Good good - always worry about sending things.

Radik - I didn't include the warranty card as I couldn't find it! I've obviously put it somewhere safe!!! I'll try & find it over the weekend and post it on.

A pleasure doing business with you!

I have pics of my new LED unit bought from Juri over my tank - I will post them later today / this evening when I'm back home.

Back