• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Your most expensive fish?

Not quite my most expensive but my Favourite by far:
Achilles Tang (marine) £90 (this pic is borrowed as i didn't have a pic of him)
AchillesTang.jpg

Stunning fish!

Very nice looking fish, my lfs has 3 of these in a 8ft tank.

mitchelllawson said:
Quite expensive then.
for an asian arowana its quite cheap, he was about 16 inches and was working for the shop that stocked him so got a discount. sadly i cant find any pictures

Mine would be £50 + transhipping for a Pair of Giant Halfmoon Bettas Both Over 3Inches without the tails.

I recall chatting to a couple of the guys on the ADC stand at Aquatics Live they mentioned they currently had a few chaps bidding on a black tang it had reached £600 at that point! :woot:

It's widely reported that boxer Amir Khan paid £3200 for a gem tang! Is there any surprise I moved away from being a salty!

Personally the most expensive fresh water fish I've bought are my current pair of Electric blue rams £15 each :D

Around 20quid for my all black half-moon short finned Betta, such an awesome looking fish IMO

Paid around the same for pair of apisto's caca's

So fairly low :)

I paid £250 pound once for a breeding pair of solid blue cobalt discus which were killed by my nephew/ god son by pouring vimto into the tank. My missus phoned me saying the fish were on the side when I was working away so I drove home 2 1/2 hours from Manchester that night and did a massive water change and see what was going on. The nephew swore he hadn't done anything but I noticed the side of the tank was sticky, wet my finger and had a little taste (probably not a good idea could have been anything :oops: ) Tasted like vimto, asked my missus and he'd had a glass. One confession later he admitted given them a drink. :mad:

I don't know what chemical is in it but discus didn't like it at all. One fish died the next morning and the other the day after that. Ouch! Never again.

Not one, the female would get spooked and eat the eggs. I had sorted some mesh out to put round the spawning cone and was going to have another crack at breeding when I wasn't working away, never got the chance. On the brighter side though that's what brought me back to plants. :)

I Haven't mate, it was from a time when you had to to take your photos to the chemist to get developed :D You probably think I'm from the bronze age now ;) These days there's a camera on everything even if it didn't need one.

Back