• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What filter would be best for 28L tank?

1stgolf

Hi ive bought my daughter a pink aqua one 320 tank (28L) for xmas i was just wondering what internal filter would you says best to use?.
I will be putting in 2 maybe 3 gold fish for her.
This has nothing to do with a planted tank so mods please delete if need be.

I think your aquarium is too small for even one gold fish. They need much more space.
You shold consider buying some other kind of fish (like betta splendans) or RCS.

Put some guppies or endlers. One male and two females, then add a amano shrimp.

For filter a eheim 2013 is good enough.

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

he's probably thinking internal if its a little tank for his daughter.

go with an Eheim 2400 Aquaball 45 will be perfect flow rate for the tank even if you decide to plant it at that size.

+1 with the gold fish are a bad idea. go with some small tropicals.

These tanks used to come with a small internal.

+2 on goldfish. Show your daughter some gold white cloud mountain minnows. Great active fish, much more suitable and no heater required if kept in centrally heated home. They would produce less waste which means less tank maintenance and better water quality. You could have 4-6 no problem.

Hey,

I'd go with a hang-on filter from eheim. They are nice filters, quite silent and wont occupy much space in an already small tank.

cheers,

GM

Thanks for all the replys. And for those of you who are worried that the goldies will outgrow the tank withen 6 months dont worry as the tanks for my 4 year old daughter that will most likely get bored of the tank before 6 months and my mate has a 5ft tank housed with goldies and would be happy to rehome thme for me. once this happens im going to turn it into a planted nano :D

Back