• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Untitled Yet 300L optiwhite (Lazy update 10.08.11)

Have to admit i am thinking about ripping it down more and more :)
But there is still few things to try before that. It gave me a huge amount of knowledge, needless to say it is running almost half of my short aquascapers life :lol:
If I were to start this now, would do few things differently. I am thinking about rescaping but will probably use most of these ferns, bigger wood and mb sandy foreground with no stems and balansae at the back.

Re: Untitled Yet 300L optiwhite (Lazy update 10.08.11)

I am a lucky man today. Bought a lens which I wanted long time ago, canon UWA 10-22mm.
Thanks to some unexpected Chistmas income :)
Santa started early this year.
Someone pmd me regarding this tank after seeing it in the office so just bumping for now. There are a lot of changes from last update which I will post shortly.
I have come up with a title finally, took me only 14 months :lol:. The tanks is that old and is running for longer than half of my aquascaping experience.
I have decided to keep it longer after some thoughts to rescape. At least till end of May probably.
It is officially named 'Four Seasons' for running so long and having different stages with completely different look.
Watch this space for an update and another vid soon.
And as Mark said in his journal, huge thanks to my 70 youtube subscribers :thumbup:
It is ultra low maintenance now, running just with 108w for 6 hours. 216w for 2 hours in the midday.

Re: Four Seasons 300L (even more lazy bumping)

Very nice tank I must admit.
What are your feelings regarding the size of the tank? Would you change anything in the specification? I'm thinking about similar size and I'm wondering if extra 5 cm here and there (height, depth) would be beneficial.
Also would you mind sharing the exact proportions of ferts mix you are using for this setup with EI method?

schraptor said:
Very nice tank I must admit.
What are your feelings regarding the size of the tank? Would you change anything in the specification? I'm thinking about similar size and I'm wondering if extra 5 cm here and there (height, depth) would be beneficial.
Also would you mind sharing the exact proportions of ferts mix you are using for this setup with EI method?

I would go 10cm higher if i could, ordered max height for the thickness of the glass, higher and it would cost twice more expensive :(
I dont know how much I am dosing to be honest at the moment. Different every day :lol:

latest.jpg

Here how Tank is looking now.
New plants: more pelia, weeping moss, cyperus helferi and juncus repens. Cyperus and Juncus are not visible yet.
Very low maintenance. Bleeding hearts out, 10 more cardinals in.
First shots with UWA canon 10-22. Amazing lens. 60x30 home tank at home looks like 60 cube with it :)

Re: Four Seasons 300L (09/12 update UWA shot)

It's ok... I suppose

Haha :D it's top notch that mate :) looks awesome.

Looking good Edis.

Might pop round during xmas break to check this out :)

How's the tank coming along now? is this still going? The last pic looks a great scape, be nice to see a pic with the foreground grown in.

i love it when 'older' journals pop up, as i hadnt seen this one at all. Just read it all and its been very interesting.
Its nice to see a top notch scape that has had its share of conplications and to have overcome them when others may have given up, it has been a great tank through all its transitions.
Thanks a lot Edward.

And ill second toad for an up to date pic if its still running.

Hi guys, thanks for your kind comments. Yes it is still running and i am bored of it to death. It has some changes. Some Cryptocoryne balansae at the back. Weeping moss and round pelia carpet all around.
I am tempted to rescape with better depth and other moss. Dont really like weeping for the reason it does not attach. It does look very beautiful though.
The tank is constantly getting neglected thus getting some algae. Will try and update in couple weeks when moss looks a bit better.
I could also put all these plants on hold into shrimp tanks and do a quick riccia/grass scape to have something different for a while in the office.

Sooooooooo...
Lazyness had hit me again. God knows how long the tank has been running without co2 due to me taking out drop checker few months ago and not putting it back in :)
I can now officially confirm that UP atomizers get clogged completely without being cleaned for 2 years :lol: :lol: :lol:
So I would recommend cleaning it once in a while.... :shifty:
So much of an update.

Piece-of-fish said:
Sooooooooo...
Lazyness had hit me again. God knows how long the tank has been running without co2 due to me taking out drop checker few months ago and not putting it back in :)
I can now officially confirm that UP atomizers get clogged completely without being cleaned for 2 years :lol: :lol: :lol:
So I would recommend cleaning it once in a while.... :shifty:
So much of an update.

Is there a particular way to clean them ?

Re: Four Seasons 300L (02/03 Up Atomizer :) )

Yes, you soak them in bleach... however I dont find they work very well after about six months regardless of being cleaned.
I assume they clog up at different rates due to water harness?
To be honest I Just buy a new one every six months :? :oops:

:crazy: riccia in big tank... when you going to trim it in big tank... :crazy: Once you plant it in to big tank you will never get rid of it .. you should forget it :D Plant it with fissidens instead which will leave you for few months without work.. that one should also attach easy

Oh and creeping moss will attach as well and it looks similar to weeping.

Radik said:
:crazy: riccia in big tank... when you going to trim it in big tank... :crazy: Once you plant it in to big tank you will never get rid of it .. you should forget it :D Plant it with fissidens instead which will leave you for few months without work.. that one should also attach easy
What is this all about? :wideyed:

Thanks, yes it down now. My last private journal as well. Will post picture after IAPLC results are out.

Back