• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bypassing one bulb in Juwel tank?

Not sure what you mean here Tom, usually when one bulb goes the other is ok :? Not familiar with Juwel the one I had only had one tube. On my current tank each tube has it's own ballast and switch so when a tube goes the others still work. I'm guessing here that your tubes share one, in which case there should be no reason why you can't just cut one of the tube out of the circuit as long as you blank the ends of the cable off properly and make sure their water resistant.

Ok I get you now so it should be a case of joining the wires where the other tube was to keep continuity of the circuit no?

Just been thinking there would it not be possible to cut a switch somewhere in line so you have the option of the other tube. No scrap that if the other tube was off they would both go down without separate wiring. I'm thinking with you Tom not an electrician I do the odd bit of wiring as a builder and a previous life as a panel beater working on auto circuits. :) If it is just a case of joining the wires the best thing would be soldering them together and you can get plastic tubes you put over the join and heat shrink on with a lighter plus a bit of insulation tape for good measure. Another thing you may have to look into would be whether or not to put a different choke in the starter if it has one you can change that was designed to work with one tube if the old system shared a choke.

Back