• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red Shrimp Wanted

Sorry only got red cherries :p
Give me a shout of you find anywhere that sells blood reds, I've had no luck so far :( (LFS pretty useless with marine inverts)
Edit: managed to find somewhere that sells them: http://www.aquaticstoyourdoor.co.uk/Blo ... hrimp.html never bought from there before though. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks Callum but I am looking for freshwater. Red Cherries with deep colour or Sakura.

Mark Webb said:
Thanks Callum but I am looking for freshwater. Red Cherries with deep colour or Sakura.
Ah, sorry, misunderstood! I can take a few pictures of mine and see what you think?

okay callum taht would be good. Looking for a red like the one in my avatar.

Hi Mark,

The forum sponsors Aquaessentials offer fire red cherry shrimp, they don't have them in stock at the minute though. Could be worth an email possibly.

I've also heard some good things about Kesgrave Tropicals that also deliver quite a number of shrimp varieties:

Sakura Shrimp

I'm not too clued up on shrimp, but food containing the cartenoid astaxanthin should really help colour up shrimp (or fish) with any red pigmentation. I don't know whether it would help increase the pigment coverage in cherries though, possibly selective breeding is the only way to achieve that.

Sorry I can't offer any definitive advice, but maybe it will provide some food for thought. :thumbup:

Some of my rcs are very red:
megared2.jpg

mega_reda.jpg

Is this what you mean? Trouble is though they're in with the rest. You've got me thinking about maybe trying to breed for this though so more turn out like these!

Viv

Viv said:
Some of my rcs are very red:
megared2.jpg

mega_reda.jpg

Is this what you mean? Trouble is though they're in with the rest. You've got me thinking about maybe trying to breed for this though so more turn out like these!

Viv

Yes, thats what I am looking for.

Well you've sparked something off! I've got a small 25l corner sitting out in the shed and I've decided today to bring it in and get it ready for an attempt at intensifying my shrimps colours :) I'll put my reddest females and one or two of my reddest males in and see how the offspring turn out!

Viv

Back