• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Very cool "ADA View" Video

Nice videos, Thanks for sharing!

I think the moss idea is great. If anything it should be cheaper since the chopped moss is spread such a long way, providing not a lot is lost in the process.

Can someone explain why the plants at the back were not put into the substrate and looked like they were kept in the rockwool or something?

Cheers

Westyggx said:
Can someone explain why the plants at the back were not put into the substrate and looked like they were kept in the rockwool or something?

Cheers

They are pre grown in "wabi kusa" and already rooted, so it's a matter if just placing the wabi kusa into the tank rather than planting each individual stem and waiting for it to root.

Morgan Freeman said:
Westyggx said:

Cheers

They are pre grown in "wabi kusa" and already rooted, so it's a matter if just placing the wabi kusa into the tank rather than planting each individual stem and waiting for it to root.

Ah thank you for that.

Very cool "ADA View" Video

viktorlantos said:
That's probably a 20-25kg stone even if it is pure lava stone. Very large especially if you see that with the 45cm height tank. I have a large piece next to me but that's only a quarter size of it and weight 8kg :D

Thanks, that makes more sense. :) it did look like they were struggling.

A denser rock would have weight then close to 100kg, good choice then on the lava rock.

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

Morgan Freeman said:
Westyggx said:

Cheers

What is "wabi kusa" please ?

That video was amazing thanks for the heads up Andy, I subscribed and will enjoy trawling through the 101 other vids on their channel :)

Im setting up a bit of a biotope aquarium... http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=18899
and I hope to maintain pH around the 6.5 level. I am lucky as my tap water is neutral with lowish gH and low kH. BUT, I would love to put some rocks in as well as the stunning piece of bogwood I just bought at Fish And Fins in Hailsham (by the way, if anyone lives in Sussex, Dave is an awesome guy and so willing to help).

Can anyone advise me on suitable rock that won't affect the hardness or pH ? Im gonna ask the same question on my journal too, but this thread came along and it seems to be a relevant arena to ask :)

seeing this man in action, really puts everything in perspective -i will never be able to achieve this:)

Nice find thanks for sharing.

I cut up moss with scissors into what I thought was small pieces but jeez. I know how it makes your arms ache when I have to chop parsley for my chicken n mushroom pie. It has given me some ideas for an up n coming project around 240l. :shh:

Back