• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what do you think of these tanks?

creg

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquar ... lours.html

black_120cm_open_top_tank_1.png

after using the pfk discount code it would only cost £360.

Lighting Unit: 4 x 39w T5 Bulbs supplied
Suspension kit supplied
Built-in 1400EF External Filtration System included
Cabinet supplied fully assembled
300w Heater and Thermometer included free-of-charge
Activated Carbon, Ceramic Rings and Bio Balls filter media supplied

Specifications

Dimensions H x W x L: 500 x 499 x 1065 mm (19.7" x 19.6" x 42")
Cabinet Dimensions H x W x L: 688 x 569 x 802 mm (27.1" x 22.4" x 31.6")
Filtration Pump: All Pond Solutions 1400EF filter
Water Volume: 240 Litres approx
FREE 12 Month Warranty

Always difficult to say without a real life look.
Lots of folk are swaying toward less light just now so not sure if you really need 4 lights?
The built in filter might be a bit restrictive for fitting accessories like in line atomisers?
Is the tank made from 10mm float glass?

foxfish said:
Always difficult to say without a real life look.
Lots of folk are swaying toward less light just now so not sure if you really need 4 lights?
The built in filter might be a bit restrictive for fitting accessories like in line atomisers?
Is the tank made from 10mm float glass?

i have worries about it being too much light too, im hoping you can simply remove a couple of the bulbs. id prefer to have a low tech low maintenance tank.

it says built in filter but from the pics its just a normal aps external filter but with the spray bar and inlet pre-fitted to the top of the tank.
Green%20Piping%20Rear%20HCK%2060.JPG

its made from "10mm Standard Safety Glass"

more detailed pics http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100cm-240L-Op ... 8e099803e4

the other Sunsun tanks are shocking, just be aware that you may get what you pay for.

thanks for the feedback guys. for the money i dont think ill find anything better so im more than likely getting one. ill do a journal some time after xmas so other people who may be interested can see what its really like.

emailed them today to ask about the lighting and they confirmed that the unit has 2 switches connected to 2 bulbs each, so its possible to just run just 2x39w t5s. would that be classified as low light in a 240l tank?

creg said:
thanks for the feedback guys. for the money i dont think ill find anything better so im more than likely getting one. ill do a journal some time after xmas so other people who may be interested can see what its really like.
That sounds great. I look forward to following that. These set-ups could really catch on at that price.

creg said:
emailed them today to ask about the lighting and they confirmed that the unit has 2 switches connected to 2 bulbs each, so its possible to just run just 2x39w t5s. would that be classified as low light in a 240l tank?
That's not a simple question. It's better to consider the aquarium dimensions rather than just volume.

The tank is around 100cm long so the length of lamp is good, and at 50cm deep, it's not excessive so light drop off shouldn't be an issue, especially if you suspend the lighting nearer the water.

If there's decent reflectors in combination with good CO2, nutrients and circulation then you shouldn't have any issues with most plants. You only have to see the great results Mark Evans is having with just two 2 x T5 54w over a 350+ litre, and it's 55cm deep.

So the short answer is that it's probably classed as moderate light, with potential to be low depending on how high you suspend the lighting and how effective the lamps and reflectors are.

If you're really bothered then find a friend with a PAR meter. The Seneye Reef only costs £99... A PAR of 50 at the substrate is plenty for the vast majority of plants.

Thanks for all the info george. im actually planning on doing a crypt only scape like yours but maybe with eleocharis parvula as a carpet and a couple java ferns (http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/c ... p?sid=3196) im hoping to have it low tech and use only liquid co2 and fertiliser so i guess ill need to suspend the lights pretty high and maybe use floating plants. if that fails i have a co2 kit going spare.

ps. love that scape its one of my favourites

My 2p. The picture look fabulous. I am sure most of the package will be spot on. You might want to replace few things whether initially or in the future like external heater or better filter. I have personal experience with All pond solutions. I am using their powerheads on all shrimp racks and 6 months on none have let me down. I had a problem initially to contact them becaue their high volume of sales but it was sorted by me going to their warehouse. Got staff much cheaper and no issues at all. So i would probably go for it also. Looks like scaper tank that one :)

Tank looks good and at a good price. Customer service is generally good with All pond solutions but i bought a hang on filter off them last year and it was pretty badly damaged, so just be aware and search the tank over before filling up!

Piece-of-fish said:
My 2p. The picture look fabulous. I am sure most of the package will be spot on. You might want to replace few things whether initially or in the future like external heater or better filter. I have personal experience with All pond solutions. I am using their powerheads on all shrimp racks and 6 months on none have let me down. I had a problem initially to contact them becaue their high volume of sales but it was sorted by me going to their warehouse. Got staff much cheaper and no issues at all. So i would probably go for it also. Looks like scaper tank that one :)

already got a hydor external heater :) ill probably keep the filter too i have 3 of them at the moment and really like them. had one for over a year and its never let me down. thats one of the reasons i decided to look into their tanks.

bad news though the pfk discount code for 10% off no longer works, i wont be buying till after xmas anyway so hopefully theyll do another code.

Back