• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what's this on my loach skin?

tovtm

come home tonight and noticed this on my loach what is it and will lots of W/c cure it?
I have a tank with two discus in it along with tetra so I can't add meds to the tank as it will effect the discus.
76b5fc37.jpg
31a326c7.jpg

thanks in advance.
Tom

just seen he's breathing fast and also got one puffy eye too

36d31f34.jpg
yep I think he's ripped off a small dorsal fin not main one whats the options? a harsh way flush him away or think he will get better without infecting the tank with his open wounds

What is in the tank that he could have bashed himself against. Raphael Cats are tough fish AFAIR and should heal.

he likes bloody getting Into tight spots like between heater and bog wood or glass and bogwood, I've had himfor two years never a cut or nothing and it's all stayed the same inside the tank :s what about the big eye will that go down do you think with just more clean W/C

in all honesty I have no idea why I said my loach it was a quick thread I posted, it was sol to me as a talking catfish.

I would probably just add some Melafix - it's fine with Discus. Should aid healing.

My brother had one of the black with white spot talking catfish (agamexis pectinifrons), it sat on a heater and burnt a huge hole in its side but my brother just tipped a bit of salt into the wound and it healed up and lived for about 20 years.

Back