• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Java fern and Pellia

A

Antipofish

Hi
If I dont have anything to attach these to at the moment (should be sorting the wood in the next couple of days) is it ok to let it float at the surface ? or should i plant the fern into the substrate ? thanks

ALSO, when I attach the fern to wood, the leaves are in sort of bunches /runner with several leaves attached in a line. do i just hold it onto the bogwood and run the superglue along the line of the root ? Will it work with wet bogwood ? Can I cut the line of the root runner to make the run shorter ?

And what on earth do I do with Pellia, lol.

Thanks in advance for your replies. I want to get this sorted soon ;)

Antipofish said:
Hi
If I dont have anything to attach these to at the moment (should be sorting the wood in the next couple of days) is it ok to let it float at the surface ? or should i plant the fern into the substrate ? thanks

Just let it float about....no problems with that. Dont plant the Rhizome into gravel. It will rot

Antipofish said:
do i just hold it onto the bogwood and run the superglue along the line of the root ?

Yup, just glue it till it sticks....no real science to it. Try not to use excess amounts though so that it runs down the wood etc, as the glue does show up white when submerged

Antipofish said:
Will it work with wet bogwood ?

Yup, just dry it off a bit with a towel. Works best when damp anyways :thumbup:

Antipofish said:
Can I cut the line of the root runner to make the run shorter ?

Yup, definitely can. Cut the rhizone to seperate the fern into smaller plants

Antipofish said:
And what on earth do I do with Pellia, lol.

Easiest is to tie to some wood or rocks with some cotton or fishing line

Good luck and Enjoy :thumbup:

Thanks for your comprehensive reply Jason, much appreciated. Have a great Christmas.

Back