• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

P@H/Coopet Nano cube

I do not own any ADA tanks so for me they are nice and don't bust the wallet. Silicone is minimal and glass seems nice. The top edges are flush and smooth unlike some tanks I have seen at higher prices.

I snagged 1 x 20cm and 3 x 30cm. 1 of the 30cm was half price due to a damaged lid. :D

Emyr said:
I rung my local pets at home today and they said apparently there was a problem with these Cube Aquariums and they have been recalled and are not selling them at the moment. Anyone know what the problem was?

Read back through this thread there are a number of possibilites.

1. Killer filters.

2. Dodgy light units

3. Packaging that states incorrect capacities.

Could be any one or all 3 of the above.

The packaging was the first recall, however they were re-packaged. Then they were stopped once the problem with the light was discovered. They were either refunding the whole tank or replacing the light. As yet they still haven't sent out the new lights. I heard no mention of the filter except from here.

I'll call them tomorrow - If it's just the clip then I'll pass. George mentioned it to me at the Aquatics Live show yesterday, he said something about the balast cannot hang on the side like it does? (I assume it's not waterpoof)

All the other manufactures seem to stick a transformer plug on or make the unit waterproof so makes sense?

madlan said:
I'll call them tomorrow - If it's just the clip then I'll pass. George mentioned it to me at the Aquatics Live show yesterday, he said something about the balast cannot hang on the side like it does? (I assume it's not waterpoof)

All the other manufactures seem to stick a transformer plug on or make the unit waterproof so makes sense?

It will be rated slash proof and water proof for a short amount of time. Just not "made for submersion" in the IP rating scale.

I was in the edinburgh straiton P@H yesterday and they were not restocked. Although the price tags are still on the shelf and they have the assessor y sets there still.

Best Regards,
John

Ah yes, I leaked some water through that light on table as result my table got %^&%%$.. what you expect from wood.

Just a quick update to let people know that these are definitely being stocked again, I picked up 2 more on Wednesday.

They no longer come with a light (still have the FIlter of Death, appears unchanged at first glance), but have dropped the price by a tenner to compensate (now £29 for 25l version, I think £19 for the smaller one), so better value for those of you jut after the glass.

Can you tell me the address of the store you go to Tom, i live in dunfermline and would love to get 4 of these after christmas.

These are also in stock in the Cardiff branch - four 25 litres in stock and three 17 litres.

They were in stock at Blackpool about 3 days ago as I bought a 27l for £29. Had 2 27l and 3 of the others left

score. guess ill be buying a few more of these for new year :)

Back